Beretta Fun - Page 2

Beretta Fun

This is a discussion on Beretta Fun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Juggernaut I conceal carry my M9 all the time. Nothing wrong with that, though my 96D is my current carry favorite. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I conceal carry my M9 all the time. Nothing wrong with that, though my 96D is my current carry favorite.
    I just retired my Taurus PT-101 (Beretta clone .40) from EDC in favor of my Springer 1911.

I carried that Taurus daily for 12 years in a Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket. This is only one place that you can get it. I like the holster enough that if can find a version of it without the thumb break, I would get one for my 1911 when my money is a little more liquid.

You can see it and the holster here:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Careful with the mags... the more rounds you stuff into a mag the less reliable you become.

Taken care of proper, the 92 is a great gun. It lost some respect from the military and that flowed into the civilian market. The fact of it is the militarys guns get beat to death.... the Beretta is not the most robust design.
    I really like my standard 92, and love my Elite 92. They dont see any carry duty, but they do see a fair amount of range time.
    Regarding the mags, that's not the case with these extra capacity mags which are made by Mec Gar. They are excellently designed and made. Grab some of those new Mec Gar mags....you'll end up loving them. I have some, but haven't used them yet. I do have a couple of Mec Gar's "old" design 20 round magazines and haven't had a problem with them after shooting several hundred rounds with them.

I've seen (as I'm sure you have) M92's in Iraq and other places with little traces of anodizing left and they worked fine according to the user. I understand that some military units received locking blocks that didn't deserve getting installed in cap guns let alone a firearm and they caused much grief. Some folks on the Beretta Forum have shot tens of thousands of rounds through their M92's and M96's.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Bah.......never had any problems with my M9 in the military and liked it so much, I bought one when I got out because they WERE so reliable and "robust". Easily one of the most solid pistols ever made and certainly holds a place next to other great pistols like HK, Sig and Glock.

Careful with the mags... the more rounds you stuff into a mag the less reliable you become.
    First I've heard that. I have shot 55 string targets for fun three or four times on my friend's reloads thru a 92 with 0 malfunctions. Granted, I haven't shot them 1000s of times like my other mags and Berettas, but that's something like 165 or 200 rounds thru hi cap Mec Gar mags with no malfunctions. That's why I stopped shooting Glocks..had trouble getting thru 50 without a FTF.

It lost some respect from the military and that flowed into the civilian market. The fact of it is the militarys guns get beat to death.... the Beretta is not the most robust design.
    Most of the respect its lost is not from the military but from people who heard from a friend of a friends. Fact is that they are very robust designs...run an SW thru what Beretta goes thru in the Army and you would have a bankrupt company.

Special Operators complain about the M9, and they should. If concealed carry were not an issue, I would carry a high enough capacity 45 for greater stopping power. But if I had to give 10,000 guns to 10,000 men and woman who are going to shoot it once every two years and could not use JHPs, I would give them:

a) high capacity, combined with
    b) reliability, and
    c) high velocity.

Once they deep sixed the third party cheapo mags, the M9 fits the bill as well today as it did when it was adopted (although they are still deep sixing those mags today).

They dont see any carry duty, but they do see a fair amount of range time.
    I tend to agree that it is not the best carry gun. For the size, I think you would be better off with a few other types of guns.
    Human Beings understand Reason, Compassion, and Dignity

Predators understand Strength

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links