Defensive Carry banner

Beretta Fun

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  katmandoo122 
#1 ·
Well, I took my Beretta 92 out today for a test run. WOW, this is so nice! I cant believe it took me 6 months to take it out. What a looser:tongue: :tongue: Anyway, it ran so good. I put 200rds through her with NO malfunctions of any kind. I fed her Wolf, American Eagle, and Federal Hydro-Shok. She liked them all:danceban: It was the only one of the day to function perfectly. I have new respect for Betetta now. Its just so easy to shoot good. :hand10: :hand10: I just thought you guys may want to know:smilez:

#4 ·
Congrats...

On the new Beretta. Isn't the 92 a bit big for EDC...maybe it's just me...to used to my Ultra!

I've had several Beretta's...never had a problem...nice guns...my 9000S is the only one I have left...

ret

#5 ·
Yes, you are correct. I thought about that as I was typing. I was wondering if I was going to get hammered for posting it here in the 'Concealed Carry Guns' section. Sorry bout that guys. I do not carry my 92 on my person. It is my truck gun. Its comforting to know I have 16rds with me while away from the long-guns:wink: :wink:

#9 ·
Thanks alot fellas!! Its good to know there are some of you out there that like the 92. Yesterday I took a 'ribbing' from some guys that look down on the 9mm AND the Beretta. One talked about it not being accurate:confused: I found it ot be EXTREEMLY accurate at the 25 feet I was shooting. Anyway, let me ask you, how do you like the 18rd flush fit and the newer 20rd Mec-gar mags? I see maybe a set of Hogue wrap-around grips and a 20rd mag on my 92 as a VERY combat ready pistol!!! Thoughts??

#10 ·
Careful with the mags... the more rounds you stuff into a mag the less reliable you become.

Taken care of proper, the 92 is a great gun. It lost some respect from the military and that flowed into the civilian market. The fact of it is the militarys guns get beat to death.... the Beretta is not the most robust design.
I really like my standard 92, and love my Elite 92. They dont see any carry duty, but they do see a fair amount of range time.

#17 ·
Regarding the mags, that's not the case with these extra capacity mags which are made by Mec Gar. They are excellently designed and made. Grab some of those new Mec Gar mags....you'll end up loving them. I have some, but haven't used them yet. I do have a couple of Mec Gar's "old" design 20 round magazines and haven't had a problem with them after shooting several hundred rounds with them.

I've seen (as I'm sure you have) M92's in Iraq and other places with little traces of anodizing left and they worked fine according to the user. I understand that some military units received locking blocks that didn't deserve getting installed in cap guns let alone a firearm and they caused much grief. Some folks on the Beretta Forum have shot tens of thousands of rounds through their M92's and M96's.

#12 ·
I conceal my 92FS all the time too. I'm carryin' it right now and intend to carry it regularly.

Took it to the range and ran 200 rounds through it last Friday - flawless.

I have two of the 18 round mags. One has a +2 extender. I haven't had a problem with them but I haven't shot them from full capacity either.

#14 ·
Took it to the range and ran 200 rounds through it last Friday - flawless.

Isnt it so nice to buy an auto and take it to the range and have NO malfunctions. That to me is so nice and quite different from what Im used to.

I have two of the 18 round mags. One has a +2 extender. I haven't had a problem with them but I haven't shot them from full capacity either.[/QUOTE]

Please keep me informed of the performance of these. I am very interested. To carry 20+ rds reliably is simply awesome!!:banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.