Taurus Millennium Pro

Taurus Millennium Pro

This is a discussion on Taurus Millennium Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking the other day for a new concealed pistol,I had seen the Taurus pistols before but never held one. So yesterday I stop ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taurus Millennium Pro

I was looking the other day for a new concealed pistol,I had seen the Taurus pistols before but never held one. So yesterday I stop by one of the local dealers that normally has a good selection although real high priced. I just wanted to put some different makes into my hand.

I spoke the the gent behind the counter concerning what I was looking for. I looked at a Llama .380, a few Kahr. While moving up in caliber I was offered the Taurus Millennium Pro in .45 APC. The first thing I noticed was how light it was compared to my 1911. The 2nd was how well it felt in my hand. I do not have a real large hand, so finding a good fit can be difficult. I liked pretty much everything about this pistol except the safety seemed peculiar. I am used to a "snick" when actuating safeties, the one I held was rather tight and didn't give me a good indication whether I had engaged. I had to get a visual confirmation.

Other than that I liked it!

Anyone else have one? How are they to shoot?

Gun Broker has them listed for 334.00 the shop had them right close to 400.00.

Thanks!

Administrator
    The Taurus Millennium Pro is the only Taurus I like.
    The big negative is this gun comes with only one mag, and extras are $$.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I picked one up for the first time yesterday and it felt really nice. I have a soft spot for low priced guns, I think I will add it to my list.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The Taurus Millennium Pro is the only Taurus I like.
    The big negative is this gun comes with only one mag, and extras are $$.
    mine came with two mags and i paid $320 for it new. i really like mine, though if it gets dirty its gets picky about ammo sometimes.

I have the PT140 .40 and it's not too bad. Light weight, easy to conceal, and accurate enough for SD. I purchased a new G30 a few months back so I don't carry it anymore, but it served me well. I've never had any trouble with it at all. The Taurus now stays home for the wife while I'm away. I think I paid just under $300 out the door. Not a bad price at all for what you get.

d.40v,
    I have the pt145 (old frame cracking version - no problems yet) and a pt-140 milpro. The 45 is my daily carry and occasional truck gun. Yeah, the mags are not cheap and I only have two. But, if more than 21 are needed, it's time to run away. The 45 hits POA every time and the recoil is easier than my xd-40 - more of a thump in the arm. followup shots are easy.
    the pt140 always seems to hit a little low and the recoil is a little sharp, but not uncomfortable.
    pax
    pt

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I have a Mil Pro PT145 also, & it's now my EDC. The gun did come with 2 mags & has the rail on it.

I thought the safety had a good click when engaged, it just doesn't protrude out like a 1911's. There's a lot of travel (With no weight) until the trigger engages, but it's light & has a short re-set when shooting multiple shots. I found it took a little time to get used to it.

It's one of the lightest .45 autos, is a tad shorter than a Glock 26, same width, & holds 10+1 rounds.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I would save your money and get something more reliable. I just finshed working on a co-workers Taurus Mil. Pro. that would not fire right. The firing pin was not stricking the primer hard enough. I also noticed that, it has a lot of small parts that can cause problems. When you are investing money on something to save your life, you need to know that it will go BANG every time.

Brian

I bought the PT145 a couple of months ago and it shoots wonderfully. Now that it's broken in it eats anything (although it initially had a problem with Blazer fmj) and shoots straight as long as I do my part.

Never had a light strike and needed the double action. Indeed all of the primers look sufficiently beat up from the ones I've checked.

At $329 with two mags it's cheap, but I'll keep running rounds through it and until it gives me a reason to change will continue to be my EDC.

Ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I also hear that they are only good for about 3-4k rounds before they kind of "wear out".

I was told it was an OK gun...but I shoot way more than 3-4k rounds a year, and its something that I want to practice with, if Im going to carry...

So, I would kind of like to hear from the guys that have 4k + rounds without a problem!

Senior Moderator
    I really haven't heard many negative things from owners of them

I've heard a lot of negative things by people who don't own them.

I have handle and shot them and I want one. It is on my list.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I shoot/carrya Millenium Pro .40 cal. I'd estimate 4-5K rounds though it , and now it's got problems. After 1 or 2 shots, the gun drops the mag far enough to either cause a jam, or fail to feed another round. The warranty is nice to have, but I don't like using warranties.

The thing that pisses me off is that UPS and FedEx are the only 2 that will ship my handgun, and will cost at least $50 solid.

It's disappointing enough that I'm going to get it fixed and carry it until summer (assuming that it was fixed, I hope it is), until I get a paycheck and buy another pistol. I'm really looking at the XD's.

For $300 new, it's a damn good deal on the gun. If you're planning on shooting more than 3,000 rounds for the life of the gun, I'd look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I really haven't heard many negative things from owners of them

I've heard a lot of negative things by people who don't own them.

I have handle and shot them and I want one. It is on my list.
    +1

I purchased a PT-140 over a year ago and have put over 1000 rounds thru it and have had no problems at all.
    Vic
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II
    Kimber Custom II
    Glock 23, Sig Sauer P225, Kel-Tec PF-9
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. SUN TZU THE ART OF WAR

I own the Taurus Pt-140 and love it. Shoots great conceals even better....Look into the Bianchi Pro for a holster....fits like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I shoot/carrya Millenium Pro .40 cal. I'd estimate 4-5K rounds though it , and now it's got problems. After 1 or 2 shots, the gun drops the mag far enough to either cause a jam, or fail to feed another round. The warranty is nice to have, but I don't like using warranties.

The thing that pisses me off is that UPS and FedEx are the only 2 that will ship my handgun, and will cost at least $50 solid.

It's disappointing enough that I'm going to get it fixed and carry it until summer (assuming that it was fixed, I hope it is), until I get a paycheck and buy another pistol. I'm really looking at the XD's.

For $300 new, it's a damn good deal on the gun. If you're planning on shooting more than 3,000 rounds for the life of the gun, I'd look elsewhere.
    Sounds like a mag problem. Have you examined them, particularly the 'catch' portion?
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links