Kel_tec P32 problem

This is a discussion on Kel_tec P32 problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My New P 32 failed to fire at the range. tigger will not trip the hammer. if the slide is pulled back about 1/8 inch ...

Thread: Kel_tec P32 problem

Kel_tec P32 problem

My New P 32 failed to fire at the range. tigger will not trip the hammer. if the slide is pulled back about 1/8 inch hammer will trip. I took the wepon home and soaled the slide and cleaned the gun thinking there was debris or dirt that make be causing the sticking hammer . No luck Has anyone else had this problem. Happend after about 20 rounds and after a rapid fire of 6 rounds using S&B 73 gr. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Haven't had a problem but you can call them, explain the problem, and they'll most likely have you send it to them for repair or replacement. They'll make it right.

Or, you can email them from here:
    http://kel-tec.com/faq.php

Ive been carrying mine for years with no problems, but friday, it was failing bad. It wouldnt pull the spent rounds out of the chamber. Most likely an extractor issue. So, we are in this together Texas 48. Lets hope their customer service is as good as they say! What are the laws reguarding sending a weapon back for service? Is it legal to do it without an FFL?
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

You can send it UPS. They will make you send it overnight. $$$. From what I understand Kel-tec is really good about service and warranty. We will find out

And can they send it back to us without involving an FFL?
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

KelTec .32

I've never had a problem with mine...going on 4 years now...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No they will have to send it back to a local FFL that you tell them too. You also don't have to use UPS Overnight, you can use FedEx express saver for about 1/4 the cost, just make sure you disclose that it is a firearm. PM me with any ?
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

kle
    Have you checked to see if your firing pin isn't broken or the firing pin spring isn't just worn out? If you pull the slide back enough to catch the hammer, and then let the slide down and let go of the trigger, does the trigger then still work the hammer?

If not, I'll bet it's something to do with your firing pin (happened to my P11--I called KelTec and they sent out a new--and improved--firing pin at no charge and I installed it myself--works like a charm now)

If so, then it might be some sort of linkage problem. The KelTecs are pretty simple guns, so I'd wager you could do any repairs yourself; you'll just need new parts.

I have had to send mine back once or twice. I carry it a lot but shoot it little now. It works for what it was designed for. To me it is a last resort kind of pistol.

I took mine apart and looked at the extractor under a magnafying glass, and found a slight chip off the end. I called today and ordered a new extractor, pin, spring, and recoil spring too. No charge!! Great service!

I had the same problem, sent it back to Kel-Tec, and they gave me a new frame with the original serial number. Kel-Tec took care of mine promptly and I have nothing but respect for their company. Regards, Richard

Links