Do you sell your guns sometimes? Never? - Page 2

Do you sell your guns sometimes? Never?

This is a discussion on Do you sell your guns sometimes? Never? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I rotate my inventory constantly....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you sell your guns sometimes? Never?

St. Charles, Missouri
    I rotate my inventory constantly.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Lead Moderator
    I've only sold 1 gun , a cheap Jennings .22 I bought for the heck of it.

Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Remember that "pimpy" lookin HK P7 I posted last month? well.....that's going bye byes......Looks pretty, reality, it's way to slick on the finish to grasp the slide, frame, etc. I'm into it for 500.00 so I KNOW I'l get my $$ back with no problem (it came with new Trijicons as well)
    I saw a real nice electroless nickel Combat Commander that might be my next acquisition (about 525.00) I also found a nice lightweight Commander and a few others in series 70...a couple of customs as a few Detonics Mk V to Mk VII's runnign around the same price range..the process starts again LOL

Hillsboro, Oregon
    I never sell anything unless it's a real POS. It's too hard to convince my wife that I need ANOTHER gun. How many does one person need? How many can you shoot at one time? You get the picture. I had to buy my wife a $2,500 Browning shotgun because I got caught sneaking a new cheaper one into the safe.

I will not sacrifice my manly dignity- she can not make me crawl out from under this bed!!

VIP Member
    I tend to keep most of the guns I buy. My K40 is available to mrshonts since he seems to be growing attached to it. Should I sell it to him at a steeply discounted Special Man price, or should I give it to him if he's a keeper?

Interarms Walther PPK/S = broke, fixed & traded for my K40
    Para C6.45 LDA = broke, fixed & traded to my brother for a CZ 75 Compact and a Ruger Mark II that my brother started to whine about because he missed it.
    Ruger Mark II = The same one I traded for, gifted back to my brother for Christmas because he was still whining about it. He promptly traded it.
    Taurus 617 = great gun, traded with a friend for a Ruger Mark II to replace the one I gave to my bro. (Heck, he wanted "something to protect himself while mowing his lawn" and I wanted a .22 plinker.)

I think that's all I've gotten rid of. My brother, on the other hand, buys, sells and trades so frequently that I wonder if he knows what his current inventory is. Maybe he doesn't remember I have his Colt Officer's in my safe?

The Colt Mustang I have used to be his - he sold it to his friend (I was upset because I didn't get first dibs), who in turn sold it to me, not making a dime because as he told my brother, "she just looked up at me and said, 'please' and I just couldn't say no."
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Denver, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Should I sell it to him at a steeply discounted Special Man price, or should I give it to him if he's a keeper? :
    Depends on how long it takes ya to define a keeper...coarse once ya start that giving thing, next he'll be wantin' an AR, then an 870, then....

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links