Taurus PT111 Pro or 24/7 Pro

This is a discussion on Taurus PT111 Pro or 24/7 Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. Let me start out by saying what i am looking for in my next firearm purchase, which i hope to do within the ...

Thread: Taurus PT111 Pro or 24/7 Pro

Hello everyone. Let me start out by saying what i am looking for in my next firearm purchase, which i hope to do within the next week or two. I am looking for a good one for ccw but also want something decent for target shooting. So the question is between the Taurus PT111 Pro and the 24/7 Pro as to which one would be better suited for these purposes and which one makes a better all around pistol. Thanks in advance

Depends on your hands, and how you can comfortably carry them. They're going for the same price right next to each other new here, but I like the slightly longer barrel/sight radius of the 24/7 and the trigger of the 24/7 as well.

This may also be of interest to you, regarding the Mill Pro. This is MY gun:

"I shoot/carrya Millenium Pro .40 cal. I'd estimate 4-5K rounds though it , and now it's got problems. After 1 or 2 shots, the gun drops the mag far enough to either cause a jam, or fail to feed another round. The warranty is nice to have, but I don't like using warranties.

The thing that pisses me off is that UPS and FedEx are the only 2 that will ship my handgun, and will cost at least $50 solid.

It's disappointing enough that I'm going to get it fixed and carry it until summer (assuming that it was fixed, I hope it is), until I get a paycheck and buy another pistol. I'm really looking at the XD's.

For $300 new, it's a damn good deal on the gun. If you're planning on shooting more than 3,000 rounds for the life of the gun, I'd look elsewhere."

New Member Array bluemarlin0316's Avatar

Pt24/7 Pro Ss

I have a 24/7 pro 9mm SS that I bought 4 weeks ago. I've shot about 1500 rounds through it and love it . I have a old .45 Colt combat commander that I used to carry about 30 years ago.
    But I wanted something with less recoil and larger mag .
    I'am also going for my CCW class this Saturday and I'am going to use the 24/7. An old LEO buddy of mine dropped off his S&W CS9
    last week and told me to use it. I must say it is a small sweet gun
    that really groups well but it only has a 7 shoot mag. it would be great for a BUG.

What i am wondering is how much more accurate the 24/7 is vs. the millennium, and if it is still pretty concealable for a t-shirt and blue jeans person.

My 24/7 is carried but is big and heavy compared with other carry options I have. It gets carried less and less as a result.
    I love the grip, I like the finger groove above the trigger (somewhere to park that trigger finger) and I appreciate the warranty.

But I recommend the XD instead.

It's more accurate (for me anyway) and has more accessories/holster options.

If you do get the 24/7 the Don Hume HK USP holster fits it perfectly.

I have the pt-111 and it is my everyday carry. I like its weight, capasity and its size. Perfect for my large frame. Shoots great, accurate.. what more can you ask for. Mine is the DA only model
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

I carry a PT111 (not the Pro) and I'm very comfortable with it, even with my large hands. Never had a misfeed, firing ball, soft point, or hollow point. Concealability is good due to small size and light weight. I like mine. Accessories do seem to be limited. Of course I'm still looking for a 4" .45 with no recoil, compact double stack 15 round capacity, that weights 10 oz. loaded.

My wife carries the Mil PRO 9mm. Loves it and it has performed flawlessly. Around 1200-1500 rds through it.

Has anyone here shot both, and if so which was more accurate. Over the weekend i had a chance to handle both of them and liked the 24/7 better as far how it felt but wondered if it would be a good ccw because of its size. That is not to say that i didn't like the PT111, i just like the grip of the 24/7. Thanks for all the input

Well for my .02, the first hand gun i bought was a Taurus PT24/7 Pro in .40 cal. & it was a great gun! It shot awsome, felt great & never a failed round so that is what i learned on & took my CCW classes with. Though after going to a few ranges & talking with people about guns i decided to buy Glocks instead. The biggest problem i had with the Taurus was that it was fairly large & hard to concel but the biggest factor was that there is hardly any darn holsters for it at all. Iam one of those accersorize guys & i couldnt buy anything for that gun (even sights), now that was only maybe 6 months ago so i doubt much has changed.

You might want to reference a post I made a while back: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=20664 The gun has been out to Taurus for 8 weeks now. Last week they claimed it was scheduled to be worked on this week...I'm not holding my breath. Due to my recent experience, I would not recommend this gun.

wait another couple of weeks until you can afford something else. I would not bet my life on either.

JMHO
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Links