Adventurer

Adventurer

This is a discussion on Adventurer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a picture of my new to me C&S Adventurer. In addition to the regular adventurer package it has a titanium frame, front night sight, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer

Adventurer

Here's a picture of my new to me C&S Adventurer. In addition to the regular adventurer package it has a titanium frame, front night sight, checkered front-strap, a beaver tail, and black t finish. I just love it. It is surprisingly comfortable to shoot, even with +P loads, not feeling at all like a 3 inch 45.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

nice. i love how the HAK kinda brings the whole ensemble together!

VIP Member
    Very nice! Laughridge & crew at C&S are masters.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    Holy cow, that is a cool little gun. We need a range report asap.
    "Just blame Sixto"

nice. how handy is the P1D? I've been looking at them but think I'll go with the P3D for the click switch rather than rotate bevel of the P1D.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I like the HAK too.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I need to check out the P3D. Is it as small as the P1D? The rotating bevel is the only thing that I am not crazy about the P1D. I have to say that the P1d in a GREAT light. On its highest setting it produces 130 lumens! (For those who do not know, a 2 cell surefire with a turbo lamp only produces 120.) And the strobe setting can induce seizures!
    Back to the gun. You have to shoot it to believe how well it handles. I'll try and put together a proper range report next time I go. Let's just put it this way. I comfortably put 10 +P rounds into a CD sized target at 30 feet and that is more than enough for me. (I'm sure that a LOT better could be done by someone who knows what they are doing.)
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Unhappy Too bad I have these meat hooks

That thing is sweet. Too bad I have these big meat hooks.

that IS sweet !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Nice Group You Have There...

Yep, the basics for survival on the streets...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Is that any smaller than any other 3" 1911? It looks smaller in that picture.

Nice 3inch nice!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Lead Moderator
    Very nice.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Even though I have officially SWORN off any 1911 with a sub 4.25" barrel, I'd have to make a SINGLE exception for this gun. Reason being I know one of the gunsmiths employed by Laughridge, personally. He used to shoot with my IDPA Club prior to moving out to work for C & S. Next, the guarantee on this gun is the next best thing to a 100% ironclad guarantee against failure. The sub 4" 1911's I've owned in the past from various name brands (Para & S.A.) have each been a POS. I'd trust my life to a Laughridge creation. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one, anyway.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    Is that any smaller than any other 3" 1911? It looks smaller in that picture.
    Yes it is smaller. The grip is cut down to the point that the mag only holds either 5 or 6 rounds. (The C&S mag holds 5 but some 6 round mags only stick out a drop.)
    As for the guy with big hands, I have rather large hands and I can only fit two fingers on the grip but it still does the job. I think that the high cut grip makes all the differance.
    Thank you all for the kind words!

It was never mentioned but...what does a beast like that cost ? The website only mentioned it was sold, but listed no price.
    Yes I know I'm nosey.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links