Defensive Carry banner

Thinking about a new carry gun what do you think

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  flagflyfish 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
You could be setting yourself up for a lawsuit if you ever had to use it.

I'm afraid that a 500 magnum would be used against you in a court of law.

That being said I have often thought about a .454 carry .45 Long Colts.

Please disregard if you were kidding

#4 ·
Got a problem with Grizzlies in your neck of the woods? If so I don’t think I want to visit Texas again anytime soon.

#5 ·
To me this is a welcome break , and ill suggest that when you get that custom IWB made , go ahead and get some suspenders made to go with the belt/holster . Or hire a " gunbearer " to just wheel it beside you in your " tactical wheelbarrow " LOL .

#6 ·
Or hire a " gunbearer " to just wheel it beside you in your " tactical wheelbarrow " LOL .
Hey, wait a minute. You could be on to something here. While nattily dressed in our tropical khakis, pith helmet and a proper gin and tonic we witness a marauding armed scumbag charging us through the crowd! We simply hold out our right hand and say "Habib! The .500 if you please. Then with a stiff upper lip we prepare to meet the charge....."

Could be a whole new career field complete with training, certification and licensing requirements. A CCW Gunbearer!!!! Tactical wheelbarrow sold seperately......

#7 ·
Gin and Tonic ?? Please we are in the American colonies after all. A proper gentleman has a Jack and coke , Rum and coke , or simply Famous Grouse on the rocks ( The bearer may have a budweiser if tacticly approprate ) .

#8 ·
True, true, we wouldn't want to be mistaken for a colonial power I suppose........

#10 ·
I know you didn’t ask. But since I have three wrecked 500’s in the safe I thought I would throw out an opinion on these things. And Maybe S&W has corrected a problem or two with the guns but when I spoke with them they swore the problems didn’t even exist. Great gun for casual shooting. Seem to hold up okay. Definitely has to have an extra power cylinder stop spring. Wolf makes one. Have seen the guns double. No kidding. End shake comes on after less then a thousand rounds I think. No bearings available last time I checked. I stretched our cranes three times each before retiring the guns. Cylinder alignment is always going to hell. Bad spitting with about any load. Basically these are great guns for the hunter or casual shooter or for whatever else you may have in mind. They just aren’t built enough to stand up to lots and lots of shooting is all.

#11 ·
I was at the range today and stopped at the gun counter to look at one. Of course the salesman can spot whats up and puts it in my hand.The only thing that held me back was a box of 12 rounds was $50. So at higher than .50 BMG rounds how do you get retired guns in the safe that get worn out? I will admit to putting thousands of dollars in lead into sand pits and punching paper but never at $4 a round. It seems that is the magical barrier I will not yet cross. As a kid I worked as a gas jockey at a full service gas station.Self serve had not been invented yet.Customers who for years had filled up for under $5 would still only put in five. Many stated they would never pay $1. a gallon and would sell their cars first and walk before they would let gas get that high.
Lets see... Okay but if I ever have to pay $4 a round it better be really big like say... Oh just forget it. And then Yes I would carry it concealed. Just not in an inside the the underpants holster.

#13 ·
Actually I'm the in-house gunsmith at a very busy range close to NYC. We have a pay as you shoot section and charge $5.00 per shot on the .500. (our most expensive gun) On some busy weekend people are lined up all day to shoot these guns. Put out a nice loud G3 for example once and had we figure about 8000 rounds through it in the first month. Wore out the first 500 in about two months. And btw, Now have a 500 by Magnum Reasearch that's holding up great. A few loose screws at first and one front sight, but the thing is actaully built like it should be. Great gun!

#20 ·
I think you need the 'X-tra Large...Steel Reinforced' Smart Carry for that baby...:image035:

I really say..."Keep the Kimber Ultra!"

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#23 ·
Now that would attract some looks!!!:haha:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.