New Alumagrips!

This is a discussion on New Alumagrips! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Prompted by photos and info shared by cnova and pogo2 in this thread, http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23529 , I decided on a set of Alumagrips for my Ultra ...

Thread: New Alumagrips!

New Alumagrips!

Prompted by photos and info shared by cnova and pogo2 in this thread, http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23529, I decided on a set of Alumagrips for my Ultra CDP II. These are thinline, black anodized, in what they call their "tactical" (half-checkered) configuration. I'm not sure why half-checkered grips are more "tactical" than other patterns, but that's what they call them.

I purchased these directly from the Alumagrips website, www.alumagrips.com, which is very easy to navigate. The "Build-a-Grip" feature let's you see how your grips of choice will look on your weapon, to help you decide on a finish or custom engraving option. I must commend Chris Lynch for extremely fast service and great communication. I received my order within two business days.

Since they're the thin models, they require the shorter bushings and screws. When ordering, the website prompts you if these are necessary. I didn't have any problems removing and replacing the original bushings with a standard flathead screwdriver, so I didn't purchase a special wrench sold by Midway and other suppliers. I've heard of some people having difficulty, and was extremely careful not to mar the originals or the frame when making the switch.

The grips have an excellent feel to them. Good gripping surface, without any sharpness from the checkering. Fit and finish show the attention to detail that comes from fine quality control. I'm pleased with their appearance on my weapon, and believe they'll prove to be good performers over time. Here are a couple of photos.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

Looks good!

The black anodized finish on the Alumagrips is a perfect color match to the black anodized frame of the Kimber.

AlumaGrips are my favorite 1911 grips, and I am particularly fond of their slim ones, in their Tactical Checkered (half-smooth, half-checkered) configuration. I have them on my latest 1911, an Ed Brown "Special Forces" Commander w/Bobtail:

Of the nine 1911s I own, seven wear AlumaGrips.

Very very nice!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Lunde, that is dead sexy. Give me an ambi safety and I'm all over it!

Very nice makes me want a set

That looks great.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I will join in the fun. Here is my 40. with the clear alumagrips and my 45 with the black.

My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

I carried all day yesterday for the first time with the Alumagrips. The thin grips made more of a difference in comfort than I expected. I was very pleased with how little I noticed the weapon, regardles of the position in which I was sitting, driving, standing or walking. And as Pogo2 suggested, the checkering is not at all uncomfortable, unlike the original wood grips.

I may have to get a set of the olive-gray Alumagrips for my Kimber Desert Warrior.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Lunde, that Ed Brown is one gorgeous weapon! And cnova, great pair o' Kimbers!
    Cheers,
    Rod

Thank you rodc13 yours is very nice to and i have to agree 100% that Ed Brown is really nice looking. I am really thinking about Dura coating my 45 black just like that. I am waiting on my friend to get his Bersa back from getting Dura costed to see how it looks before i do mine.
    My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Prompted by photos and info shared by cnova and pogo2 in this thread, http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23529, I decided on a set of Alumagrips for my Ultra CDP II. These are thinline, black anodized, in what they call their "tactical" (half-checkered) configuration. I'm not sure why half-checkered grips are more "tactical" than other patterns, but that's what they call them.

I purchased these directly from the Alumagrips website, www.alumagrips.com, which is very easy to navigate. The "Build-a-Grip" feature let's you see how your grips of choice will look on your weapon, to help you decide on a finish or custom engraving option. I must commend Chris Lynch for extremely fast service and great communication. I received my order within two business days.

Since they're the thin models, they require the shorter bushings and screws. When ordering, the website prompts you if these are necessary. I didn't have any problems removing and replacing the original bushings with a standard flathead screwdriver, so I didn't purchase a special wrench sold by Midway and other suppliers. I've heard of some people having difficulty, and was extremely careful not to mar the originals or the frame when making the switch.

The grips have an excellent feel to them. Good gripping surface, without any sharpness from the checkering. Fit and finish show the attention to detail that comes from fine quality control. I'm pleased with their appearance on my weapon, and believe they'll prove to be good performers over time. Here are a couple of photos.

Those are beautiful. I see an order in my future. BTW, Ahrends first came up with that diagonal split half checkered tactical pattern.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Links