Carried for the first time - Bersa Thunder .380

This is a discussion on Carried for the first time - Bersa Thunder .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So tonight I carried for the first time. I'm carrying a thunder 380 in an IWB holster that does a good job wearing at about ...

Thread: Carried for the first time - Bersa Thunder .380

Carried for the first time - Bersa Thunder .380

So tonight I carried for the first time. I'm carrying a thunder 380 in an IWB holster that does a good job wearing at about the 8:30 position, but I swear it felt HUGE!

I went to pick up a pie in a not so good area of town and I certainly felt more comfortable, but I had a delivery driver come in while I was at the counter and it was like he KNEW I was carrying!

First time paranoia? I've got a small gun already, but leaving the shop made me want to buy a .38 snubby to fit in my pocket.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    The illusion of weight and the feeling that all eyes are on your gun are normal jitters and will soon pass.

Force yourself to carry everywhere and learn to dress around the gun.

Assistant Administrator
    You will quickly get used to the feel - and the Bersa is a good starter for carry in many ways.

It will not be long before you could tote a full size and as long as your dress options suit - concealement is a breeze.

I carry a SIG 226 ST - I feel its mass and weight but that is minimal re comfort .... a good rig, good belt and familiarity - and large is no problem.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    The illusion of weight and the feeling that all eyes are on your gun are normal jitters and will soon pass.

Force yourself to carry everywhere and learn to dress around the gun.
    It was weird because I kept wanting to touch it to make sure my heavy fleece shirt didn't ride up over the grip. But I felt like if I touched the gun it would be interpreted as a strange move by anyone looking at me.

After I got back and looked at my rig in the mirror, it really looks good and concealed well. But I sure did feel strange. I'm sure I'll get over it - and there has to be a first time for everything right...!!

Yeah, wanting to touch and check it all the time is common when first carrying, but DON'T DO THAT ! You'll soon gain confidence and fell comfortable having you gun on you, without feeling that everyone knows and is watching.

Now you're ready for ChinaMart!

the feeling tends to pass after the first week or so. Just make yourself wear it. Check it in the mirror before you leave so that you can see that there is no printing. Then when you feel like someone is looking at you you'll know that they can't see it. The touching thing will go away also. The only time I do it now is if I'm in a bad neighborhood by "pulling up my pants" on both sides. Then again, I carry a Sig 226 so sometimes I just need to pull up my pants.

Welcome to the world of Concealed Carry. It's a huge change but a very positive one. If you're like me, you'll even find your confidence growing.

Exactly, How funny...I find myself grapping for it or resting my arm on the gun. I did once accidently and a plain clothes security officer in Target called me to the back. He questioned me as to why I was "showing off"?? Pleaaassee...grow up.
    but anyways I don't anymore, So yes it will go away!!
    "Is that a .40 Caliber in your pocket or are you just happy to see me."

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Congratulations, you will get used to it and wonder why everyone doesn’t carry.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

p85
    Sounds like you are well on your way. Congrats. Stay safe.

Congrats! Don't worry you will soon become confortable with carrying. I felt the same way when I started, now I carry a full size .45.

The one bad habit I had to break was tugging on the bottom of my shirt to make sure it was concealed. Confidence comes with time.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr View Post
    So tonight I carried for the first time. I'm carrying a thunder 380 in an IWB holster that does a good job wearing at about the 8:30 position, but I swear it felt HUGE!
    I just bought a Bersa Thunder 380 CC last Saturday, and I like it a lot. I was carrying a Kel-Tec 32 w/10 round mag, but I feel better armed with the Bersa. However, I will probably continue carrying the KT in an ankle holster as a backup.

I carry my Bersa in the same little square bag with the velco closure that I carried my KT32 in. It looks more like a PDA bag than anything else. I wear it on my belt in plain view, and no gun imprint is visible. It is also easily accessible if needed.

Michael
    America. The land of the free because of the brave.

Links