Defensive Carry banner

Got to shoot new irons...mine (CZ-75B) and a Buddy's (Ultra CDP II)

968 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DizTbone 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay...before I get the "useless w/o pics" flame... I'm finishing up two papers. I'll get pics soon...

Anyway...traded off two Maks and a 38 snub (did I say that I don't like revo's? :aargh4: ) for a CZ-75B, ammo, and cash (my fav!).

I need some add'l mags and a new mag spring and/or follower for the CZ...but it shoots like a champ! It's capable of < 2" groups at 10yds...in my hands. :danceban: I can't wait to shoot at 25yds.

Alas, the turkey hunters had destroyed the target stands at the Forest Service range with their shotguns. :rant: So...we were a little limited in what we could do with respect to target placement.

While out, I got to shoot a buddy's new-to-him Kimber Ultra CDP II. I wouldn't want to shoot it all day....but boy is it light...and just hides away.... It fed 230 gr ball, my 200 gr LSWC handloads, and Federal HST 230 gr JHPs without a hiccup. Controlling the little beasty wasn't too bad. It does have some muzzle blast, though. The chrony seemed to indicate that it lost well over 100fps when compared to a 5" bbl 1911. Of course, for social occasions, it will perform just fine.

Anywho, I'm down to supplying just two calibers of handgun ammo...and one of them I can make easily. Yes, I was tempted by the Sigpro 2022 in .40S&W that was in the case...but the CZ just felt sooooooo much better in my hands.

So...a good day...now back to those papers!:smoke23:

Michael

Mod: Please edit title...I've been reading/writing too much...can't spell "buddy"...Grrr..

See less See more
#2 ·
Title tweaked! :wink:

Yes the CZ seems ever more to gain friends and supporters. I pretty much have all I need (there's a lie LOL) but would yet like to pick up a CZ or three :smilez:

#3 ·
Chris: Thanks for the edit....

The spellchecker in my brain has succumbed to the numbness felt by serfs in 19th c. Russia...as outlined by Nicolai Gogol in Dead Souls...Oh...sorry...that's for the paper....:gah:

A friend suggested the CZ-75 or BHP years ago... I have shot a Witness 9mm, but the trigger on the CZ is so much better. The one I have does not have the decocker, but I plan to carry/store it in condition 1 anyway.

Similar manual of arms to the 1911...feels great with the Hogue wrap-around grips...shoots true...back on target quickly.... Can't ask for much more. :congrats: It also fed the Win Ranger 147 JHPs just fine... I didn't have the 124 +p+ with me, but I am confident since it will feed the 147s. (Yes, I will put theory to practice at my next range session...after the new mags come in.:spankme: )

If I ever get tired of the G-26...or just get bored...I may have to get a CZ-75 compact...or a small 1911... I don't think I'd go for the Ultra CDP II or similar size. For my frame/clothing, a bob-tailed Commander would be just the ticket! :bier:

Back to Russian serfs....:tumbleweed:

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.