First Gun Love

First Gun Love

This is a discussion on First Gun Love within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok ya'll I was thinking about this today and I wondered if anyone else had the same thoughts. My first gun was a CZ 75 ...

Thread: First Gun Love

First Gun Love

Ok ya'll I was thinking about this today and I wondered if anyone else had the same thoughts. My first gun was a CZ 75 compact in 9mm that I bought about five years ago. Since, I have owned and traded many guns, but currently have a full size Para SSP, Kahr CW9, Bersa Thunder, and the CZ. All of my guns were purchased for a specific use, Para for home defense(okay, it was because I think 1911s are cool) Kahr for summer carry, Bersa for my wife uh... now ex wife. I have owned plenty others XD, Glock, etc. but I always feel most comfortable with the CZ. It is the most accurate 9 I have ever shot and it just feels right in my hands! Does anyone else still own their first handgun and if so is it still you favorite?

I Have Loved The Same Woman For 36 Years...

but I have loved MANY guns...
    Tarus...divorced, no contact...
    Beretta...still a friendship...
    KelTec...still see each other from time to time...
    Kimber Ultra...my true gun love?
    Glock-36...I'll admit...I see her from time to time...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I inherited some guns that I still have. The first serious gun that I bought in 1958 I still have. It was Hi Standard model 102 .22 cal target pistol with adjustable weights on the barrel. I still have it but don't shoot it much. It is very accurate. Hi Standard built the only American pistol to ever win an Olympic event as far as I know. It does not like some ammo and won't cycle it. Federal standard velocity 22s seem to work most of the time.
    Last edited by Sam Douthit; April 20th, 2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spelling typo
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Assistant Administrator
    I too have loved too many guns to really state a first love!

I guess back in my earlier UK shooting days, before the crapolla hit the whirly thing - my real fave was my M27 Smith revo. Thank heaven I managed to find another a few years ago. I should add too maybe a Mauser Obendorfe .22 rifle - a heavy but dead-on accurate rifle - and perhaps the one rifle I hope to never relinquish.

In truth tho my first ''love'' was actually an air rifle when I was still a teen. A Webley Mk III tap loading under-lever in .22. Many a squirrel and rabbit might be looking down right now ruing the day they got into the sight line of that one

These days I am polygamous - love every darned one.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I still own the first firearm I ever purchased...a six-inch Royal Blue Colt Python. Is it still my favorite firearm? In some ways, yes. But I value others more today for their utility. It (the Python) is still, however, my sentimental favorite.

My first love was a long gun a 20 guage Mossberg 500. My dad bought it for me when I was about 12. He even had a gunsmith cut the stock down to fit my shoulder. I never would have sold it but it got stolen.

My first centerfire handgun was a Ruger p-944 that I never really fell in love with but can't get my self to sell it because it was my introduction into the handgun world and the first gun I carried under Missouri's ccw law so it has some sentimental value. My 642 is a true love. It's my always gun.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

OD*
    My first love was a Martial Colt Single Action Army my father had, that's now mine. Shipped to the US Government inspector on 24 December, 1884.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I have an old Star Model S 380. It was my first pistol and is still my most accurate shooter, I think because it's the only single action I own right now. It has a really light trigger. I'm almost embarrassed to admit to the fact I still use it to range qualify when I renew my CHL. I always shoot a perfect score with it.

I guess I should graduate to a 1911.

I'd have to say No. My first gun was a Hi-Point C9. While I never had any problems with it, I definitely didn't love it. My 2nd gun is one that I still really like and I wish that I hadn't sold it. It was a XD9 4". Even now, everything gets compared to it. Need to pick up another one sometime.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I have had many tools. But the first pistol that I really could hit the broad side of the barn is my Colt Gold cup. After the first time I had it at the range I was in love.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

When it comes to guns, I can't help but be polygamous.

My first love, was the first handgun I ever shot. My dad had a 1911 and I myst have burned up at lease 100 rounds during my first time at the range.

Even though I have many different guns as well, my Wilson Combat 1911's are my favorites.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

My dad had plenty of guns when I was growing up but my first love was a HR Single Six .22 I got for my 14th birthday. It's now hanging in the doc holiday rig in my fathers display case in his living room. He and I have a community gun thing.

Sponsored Links