Finally bought a Kel-Tec P3AT - Page 2

Finally bought a Kel-Tec P3AT

This is a discussion on Finally bought a Kel-Tec P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had mine quite a while and really like it.I'll bet you'll like yours too. It's not like my Glock 23 in Power. But ya ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had mine quite a while and really like it.I'll bet you'll like yours too. It's not like my Glock 23 in Power. But ya know with just about like any gun it only takes one shot in the right location.
    When I'm not carrying it in my pocket or in my boot I carry it in my Kramer Horse Hide Scabbard and talk about comfortable and nice conceal with a shirt worn outside or a jacket.!

Enjoy your weapon!

Hop

Good choice, my Keltec lives in my pocket. It truly is an ALWAYS gun, small , light, reliable, and you hardly know it's there. Unlike other small guns I've had in the past. The Keltec really is suited to being able to carry it un- noticed no matter where or what you are doing. Very little effort required to conceal it. Slip it in your pocket, your waistband, where ever and you are armed. That was not quite so easy to do with my PPK or SP101 ALL the time. I carry a larger weapon when I can, but the Keltec can ALWAYS come along for the ride. It does NOT get left behind.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Good choice, my Keltec lives in my pocket. It truly is an ALWAYS gun, small , light, reliable, and you hardly know it's there. Unlike other small guns I've had in the past. The Keltec really is suited to being able to carry it un- noticed no matter where or what you are doing. Very little effort required to conceal it. Slip it in your pocket, your waistband, where ever and you are armed. That was not quite so easy to do with my PPK or SP101 ALL the time. I carry a larger weapon when I can, but the Keltec can ALWAYS come along for the ride. It does NOT get left behind.
    +100
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

get the kel tec belt clip. that's the way to go with the p3at. do the f&b and break the gun in. and will find out that she will be with you at all times. also, the uncle mikes pocket holster for small auto works well. but the belt clip is tops in my book.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I bought the belt clip when I bought the gun. :) And the good guys at the shop put it on for me there. Didn't have to ask for it to be lok-tited they just did it. Great service - great guys.

Will be shooting the rest of the box of 50 tomorrow (I hope, we'll see how my hands hold up) and will report back.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

When I DO carry my P-3AT, it's in a Fist kydex pocket holster w/thumb push...excellent carry, easy release...

My .380 has performed without problems for 4+ years...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Love mine, no problems, accurate, even fun to shoot!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Thumbs up

I had my 3at for half a year now. I carry in front right pocket with a uncle mikes # 1. I make sure that that pocket is dedicated for the gun and holster only. Never share the pocket with keys. coins or even scraps of paper. I carry one in the chamber, that is why I am very careful about safety. Its a great carry, shoot little gun.
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

Ran all but 7 rounds of the original box of 50 Magtech FMJ through this morning. Hee hee, very fun. :)

Only part that was even a little uncomfortable was the underside of my trigger finger. Got smacked quite a bit but no lasting damage.

At 10 yards with two hands, unsupported by the end I was keeping all shots within 8" with most within 5".

Not a hiccup whatsoever. Flawless operation. No double-taps or defense drills yet but that will come next. Gotta decide what ammo to carry in it now...
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

They aren't comfortable, mine bites my trigger finger too.
    As you have the .380 you can get Cor-Bon Pow'R Balls for carry ammo if you want. They feed well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links