Taurus PT145 vs Mil Pro PT145

This is a discussion on Taurus PT145 vs Mil Pro PT145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some advice. I can get a new PT145 for less than 350 or I can order a new Mil Pro PT145. Whats the concensus? ...

Thread: Taurus PT145 vs Mil Pro PT145

Taurus PT145 vs Mil Pro PT145

Need some advice. I can get a new PT145 for less than 350 or I can order a new Mil Pro PT145. Whats the concensus? Should I order a Mil Pro or take the chance on a PT145? I Have heard about the frame problems with the PT145. Mil Pro are becoming harder to fins and more expensive.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    First off, I don't own a regular PT145, I have the last generation Mil Pro PT145.

I believe the trigger is smoother on the Mil Pro's, & it's SA/DA. Meaning, if you've chambered a round, it's going to be SA. I think the regular one's DAO. The Mil Pro have the Novak straight eight sites, whereas I think the regular one has the 3 dot system. Mine has the rail, but Mil Pro's come without it, too. I don't know about the regular ones.

All in all, I think the Mil Pro's are worth it. When I was researching the Taurus's, I kept hearing about the horrible triggers they have. I've since come to find people were referring to the regular ones.

There's probably some other changes, but I don't know what they are. I'm happy with mine though.

You should be able to find a Mil Pro for $400 or less. Personally, I think it's worth the extra $50.

Good luck.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Mil Pro. The older Milleniums had a problem with frames cracking. I've never heard a bad thing about the Mil Pro's...a MilPro PT145 is on my short list (ok, it's not so short, but the 145's near the top).

You can get either one for about $320 before tax. At a recent gun show I looked at both side by side and niticed the difference was that on ewas single stack (7+1) and the PRO was double stack (10+1).

I have one of the older pt-145's and love it. I also have a 140 mil pro and love it too.

I do like the lighter smoother trigger on the mil pro and think it's worth the cost and time if you have the choice.
    pax
    pt

I paid $329 for my third gen Mil Pro PT145 with the Heine (sp?) sights. Great little gun.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

tHANKS EVERYONE! Found a 3rd Generation here in San antonio afterspending 5 or six hours on the web and then 5 or 6 phone calls this AM. I know I made the right decision to pay $30 extra . This has the rail just marginally bigger than My Mil Pro 2nd Gen PT111. Is very comforatable in my Smart Carry. Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    You can get either one for about $320 before tax. At a recent gun show I looked at both side by side and niticed the difference was that on ewas single stack (7+1) and the PRO was double stack (10+1).
    Sorry, I must disagree...the Mil Pro PT745 is the single stack version of the PT145, but they are both Millenium Pro's. The older Millenium (non-Pro) should probably be avoided altogether (sure you weren't looking at a Millenium single stack and a Mil Pro double?).

But the man's already made his purchase. Congrats!

sjp2452...possibly, thanks for the info.

Links