Cz 75d Pcr

Cz 75d Pcr

This is a discussion on Cz 75d Pcr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up this one for a song at the shop that came in on a trade, hardly fired and like new. I replaced the ...

Thread: Cz 75d Pcr

Sponsor

Cz 75d Pcr

Just picked up this one for a song at the shop that came in on a trade, hardly fired and like new.

I replaced the plastic guiderod with a custom stainless machined by Steve Bedair out of Texas [ http://www.bedair.org/P226/Guiderod.html ]; replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 18# in lieu of the 17# factory [ I shoot 147's, not 115 ]; ordered 4 new Mec-Gar mags for it [ have six now ]; replaced the two factory mag springs with +5's from Wolff as well.

The grips were custom ordered from http://ghostholster.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=306

in thin Cocobolo, fully checkered.

I really like this one. It points naturally and is ultra reliable through several hundred rds downrange last week. 14+1 147 gr Win Rangers reside in this one as well.

Brownie
    Attached Images
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Very nice
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Your going to love that pistol. It's a great carry piece, accurate, reliable etc. Get some good snap caps and dry fire it 500-1000 times and the trigger turns to butter. (try AZOOM caps, their worth the money) Also get Wolff's extra power extractor spring and at the first sign of ANY problem, take out the stock spring and install the x power one. Also if you want to you can go to a slightly lighter hammer spring (as I did) to help a bit on DA. Don't go more than a couple of #'s lighter and test for 100% reliability. 1500plus rounds in mine and NO FTF or FTE. Get a good holster. Check out K&D holsters. I have a OWB and an IWB, and couldn't be more satisfied. Great leather, great prices, and Kevins a super guy to work with to get just the right leather for you.. Here's a couple of sites that deal with CZ's and can answer many of your questions.

http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792
    and
    http://www.czshooters.com/forum/

There's a reason they call them the poor man's SIG!
    Be safe..

Sponsor
    CraigJS;

Thanks for the info.

I've been to the links, good related info there as you suggest.

I've talked with Kevin this last week, and have a custom holster being made to my requirements based on anothers suggestion in another thread here.

I've carried it for two weeks or thereabouts, it weighs exactly 33.5 ounces with 15 rds of 147 gr Win Rangers in the mag and pipe. The custom grips are thinner so the LOP is shorter, giving me plenty of room to get proper trigger control as the rubber grips didn't give me enough trigger finger on the trigger as I'm accustomed to.

Wolff sent the extractor and firing pin springs with the +5 mag kits. I'm aware of keeping the extractor cleaned properly to avoid issues in that area. The boys in the know tell me to not touch the firing pin spring unless there are issues one day.

Easy enough to change out both if and when it's necessary though.

Stay sharp

Brownie

Brownie,

How do you like the checkering on the wood grips? I'm looking for wood grips on my P-01, and those might fit the bill.

Sponsor
    DirksterG30;

The checkering is not sharp [ deep cut ], gives a fair purchase over a smooth grip design, and are not so pronounced like some are prone to be when new.

I found that the new grips are relieved a little too much and just barely bind the mag from dropping free on their own. I'm going to relieve them a little which should correct that issue. Thought I'd at least mention it this to you and others, not a big deal, but there nonetheless.

Good luck with your P01 sir.

Brownie

Links