Thinking of dropping my P3AT for a CW40

This is a discussion on Thinking of dropping my P3AT for a CW40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so here is the deal, I have a Kel-tec p3at which I like but I was at my local "Big Box" type sporting goods ...

Thread: Thinking of dropping my P3AT for a CW40

me [OP]

Ok so here is the deal, I have a Kel-tec p3at which I like but I was at my local "Big Box" type sporting goods store today and got to looking at a Kahr CW40. It is a nice bun it is a bit thicker but would still pass as a wallet in my back pocket.

I am trying to decided if there is really a need to buy this or not. As a soon to be college grad I need to have a legitamate reason to spend my extra money. I like 40 and would feel better with a 40 then .380 but is this enough.

On the good side the P3At would be making its way to a good home. As I was standing there at the shop looking at the CW40 my dad came back over to the counter. When I told him I was thinking about selling the Kel-tec he responded "Sh**, Looks like I am gonna be buying it off of you for your mother. " Also under the chance that she would not want it... Fat Chance. My Uncle would most likely take it off of my hands. So It would not even be leaving the family and it would go to a good owner.

Who Knows, I need time to digest and I just got home.

Help....

Also as a reminder, I do not have a range in my area that rents so I can not tell that way, If anyone knows of one in the Johnson City, TN area (Point Blank closed) or Pittsburgh PA area please let me know.
    Last edited by me; April 21st, 2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Additions
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

i've never owned a kel-tec, but i replaced my Bersa .380 with a CW9. i really like it.

Mark,

The only range I know of in the PGH area that rents pistols is Anthony Arms in West Mifflin by the Allegheny County Airport; http://www.anthonyarms.com/. The last time I was there (about a year ago) the only Kahr they had was a K9 I believe. Maybe they've added some pistols; you may want to give them a call.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I can't believe I am saying this about a little 'ole .380 but......

Hope your Mom is not a first time shooter....'cause the Kel-Tec kicks like a scalded mule. It is not a beginners gun IMHO. I have never disliked shooting a gun (Ok, other than a .458 Win. Mag that I put a few rounds through) but it is not one that I enjoy putting a ton of rounds through at the range either.

The scab between my thumb and index finger has just now healed up recently since my last 100 rounds through it. I've got it good and broken in now so no more extended range sessions!!!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

me [OP]
    Dirkster Thanks for letting me know about anthony arms, I forgot they were even there (I am away at college most of the year) and did not know before that they had a range.

Doc, she is an experienced shooter and would shoot it for short trips or alternating with other guns since I already have it well broken in.

I guess part of this decision is based off of if she would ever let me have it back since she has already somewhat confiscated it.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Sponsored Links