What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun?

This is a discussion on What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Yddnac pretty much any anti-material rifle with an explosive warhead... it'd be kinda funny if some burglar busted into a bedroom and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Yddnac View Post
    pretty much any anti-material rifle with an explosive warhead... it'd be kinda funny if some burglar busted into a bedroom and had some 20mm warhead pointed at him i bet it would make him turn around
    either that or he would just stand there with his jaw dropped and wet himself. I think that would be my reaction if someone pointed a 20mm warhead at me...There would be no running away from something like that.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Just think somebody breaks into your house and they run into you looking like this:

Just make sure he isn't firing blanks, and this will probally work wonders.

BTW according to the website these guns really do exsist in mexico but are made on special order only. Also come in a double shot bra model.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Ding, ding, ding... if he isn't going to learn at least the basics of safety tell him to forget it. I imagine that many firearms accidents occur with guns that were bought, put away and forgotten.

Besides, if your state requires any kind of test or class, taking a class with a "Deagle 44" would be expensive and tiring, if not painful by the end.

If he really wants to do this tell him to try out a Bersa Thunder 9mm, a Taurus PT111 9mm... or either of those in .380.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Be dammed if i will advise even in jest a firearms purchace for someone who obviously will not train or shoot enough so that he is not a danger to his family .
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    There is that gold plated AK-47 from "Lord of Wars."
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

My solution

In terms of "biggest and shiniest", this is the best I can do. It is a S&W model 629 in .44 magnum with 5 inch barrel. The ammo is 240 grain Winchester Ranger hollowpoints, which use the same bullet design as the old "Black Talons".

Good 'Ole Coach Gun...

No one likes to look at the DOUBLE barrels of a 12ga coach gun looking back at 'em...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Get him a hammer or a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Be dammed if i will advise even in jest a firearms purchace for someone who obviously will not train or shoot enough so that he is not a danger to his family .
    AMEN, a gun and the 2A isn't like showing off your equipment, although we all enjoy showing off our guns, it is only secondary to the purpose, defending oneself.

Remember a gun isn't worth its weight if the bullet misses! Better to use a brick or a hammer than to have a gun and not be trained in how to use it. A brick or hammer has far less chance of causing injury to an innocent person than a bullet that misses its target.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

SUPERSOAKER. He can tell BG it's loaded with urine so they'd better PI$$ off! Sorry, I don't mean to be crude....but this sort of thing PI$$E$ me off. Do your buddy a favor, do NOT let him get his ccw! He'll get killed or kill somebody innocent. Do US a favor, don't support the 2nd Amendment in this manner. It is going to lead to a tragedy. Get folks like your friend to join NRA/GOA/SAF/CCRKBA and get some good publications like America's First Freedom (NRA) or Gun Week (SAF). That's a serious form of help. This course of action is like pulling the pin on a live hand grenade and handing that grenade to a little kid waiting in line to participate in an "egg toss."
    Last edited by ExSoldier; April 22nd, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    What he wants, is a big, shiny (nickel or stainless), impressive gun for the bedside. He wouldn't be afraid to use it, but he figures a big barrel in a bad guys face would add some fear/deterrent effect. Anyway, what would you reccommend?
    Sounds like he expects the intruder to faint or have a heart attack just from looking at his magnificently menacing weapon, rather than actually using it. So I recommend he be taught, in the case of a midnight intruder in the bedroom, to fire before the intruder has much of a chance to see the defensive weapon. Assuming, of course, that he lives in a state with a decent castle-doctrine law.

Just get ya a good ol stand by gun Glock Sig Walther S&W Whatever may turn your crank just leave the pretty,impressive and shiney part to your other half.. a pretty wife will get ya alot farther then a pretty gun.... besides if she that good lookin she can distract the burglar while you get your gun WARNING WATCH WHAT YOU ARE TYPING MAKE SURE SHE"S NOT LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER I accept no responsibility for comments made and individuals made to sleep on their couch

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No one likes to look at the DOUBLE barrels of a 12ga coach gun looking back at 'em...

ret
    This would qualify......they make them in nickel finish.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Chrome Desert Eagle, 50AE.

Guncrafter Industries 50GI

http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/model1_50gi.shtml
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    (Tongue in cheek) - he could try one of these

You can tell the guys who've shot these by the dents in their foreheads.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

If he wants a gun that will intimidate so that he doesn't have to use it then he is sadly mistaken and will certainly pause when called to act.
    He needs training more than he needs a shiny gun.
    He needs a lot of training and attitude adjustment, he isn't beyond salvation I'm guessing but does need to learn some basics.

Nobody notices what is pointed at them with any great clarity, it is either a gun or not a gun. It is a binary concept.

If he insists on getting a gun in the interim, and it is his right to do so, then advise him to get something with a light/laser attached so he doesn't inadvertently make the breakfast news for shooting one of his kids getting a glass of water in the night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links