What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun?

This is a discussion on What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tanksoldier Ding, ding, ding... if he isn't going to learn at least the basics of safety tell him to forget it. I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Biggest, Shiniest, Most Impressive Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Ding, ding, ding... if he isn't going to learn at least the basics of safety tell him to forget it. I imagine that many firearms accidents occur with guns that were bought, put away and forgotten.

Besides, if your state requires any kind of test or class, taking a class with a "Deagle 44" would be expensive and tiring, if not painful by the end.

If he really wants to do this tell him to try out a Bersa Thunder 9mm, a Taurus PT111 9mm... or either of those in .380.

OK guys, obviously some didn't read the original post. This guy has done quite a bit of shooting, and the only reason he wouldn't carry is because the only place he would want to is at the City of Detroit school at which he works. No go there.

He feels safe enough around his suburban neighborhood and that is his call. He would shoot his gun plenty, and get the required training. I only said he was interested in "big and impressive AS AN ADDED EFFECT, not the primary reason for choosing a weapon. Many of you speak of your Pump shotguns in the same light. Some like them not because it allows you not to practice, but because it sounds intimidating. He just prefers pistols, as do I, for close quarters wieldability.

We've been to the range plenty together, and he shoots just fine, even the Desert Eagle .50 we rented a while back. We just wanted opinions on what others thought were impressive AND practical Handguns.

TO ALL: thanks for your ideas, keep 'em coming.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    SUPERSOAKER. He can tell BG it's loaded with urine so they'd better PI$$ off! Sorry, I don't mean to be crude....but this sort of thing PI$$E$ me off. Do your buddy a favor, do NOT let him get his ccw! He'll get killed or kill somebody innocent. Do US a favor, don't support the 2nd Amendment in this manner. It is going to lead to a tragedy. Get folks like your friend to join NRA/GOA/SAF/CCRKBA and get some good publications like America's First Freedom (NRA) or Gun Week (SAF). That's a serious form of help. This course of action is like pulling the pin on a live hand grenade and handing that grenade to a little kid waiting in line to participate in an "egg toss."
    Hate to respond again to a similar rant, but guys, Please know that my buddy IS an NRA member, and an experienced shooter, my post never said he was a newbie. The only reason he doesn't have his ccw is because he couldn't carry where he wants to. When I suggested that having more licensed ccw'ers on the books would help politicians be less afraid to support 2A legislation, he saw this might make sense.

Can we stop reading more into the posts here than is posted?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!

Hate to respond again to a similar rant, but guys, Please know that my buddy IS an NRA member, and an experienced shooter.
    No disrespect to you or him intended but if he's an experienced shooter he will know that nobody is intimidated by one handgun more than another in the heat of the moment.
    If someone came at me with a Desert Eagle I would see a gun, and determine what it was in the resulting court case assuming I survived.

We just wanted opinions on what others thought were impressive AND practical Handguns.
    Whatever you shoot best. Good luck and enjoy shooting.

How 'bout a 6" S&W 686 or 629? Bright and shiney and both can be loaded with magnums or spl rounds. As far as intimidation factor, I've always thought a quad .50 mounted in the bed of a pick-up truck would achieve that goal ... or a 105mm Howitzer.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    How 'bout a 6" S&W 686 or 629? Bright and shiney and both can be loaded with magnums or spl rounds. As far as intimidation factor, I've always thought a quad .50 mounted in the bed of a pick-up truck would achieve that goal ... or a 105mm Howitzer.
    Jack
    Thank you Jack, this is what the thread was supposed to be about. A fun bit of jawjackin about big impressive guns, with perhaps a few practicle ideas thrown in.

Again, no disrespect, but your first post and the last are completely different. It's probably no wonder that people reacted the way they did. Gun forums are notorious for people taking matters very seriously and literally. although this is easily the friendliest one of all it is still possible to raise a slight stink by asking a question that is read wrong by the others.
    If you want to ask what's the biggest fun gun then stick the tread in 'general gun' or even 'off topic',
    Hope nobody offended you, it is a good thread it just got misunderstood.

Deagle wit da beams!!
    The Marshmallowist

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    How about: That gold desert eagle. It is about as big and gaudy as you can get.

[URL="http://www.magnumresearch.com/Desert_Eagle.asp"]
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    BBQ guns, hmmmm, I think I'd have to go with a customized 1911 here. The old texas style nickel-plated/engraved with sexy ivory/exotic wood grips. And you have to get a fully custom OWB holster with exotic leather accents (stingray, alligator, snakeskin.....duckbilled platypus tail...lol), A sexy matching belt, and one of those NAA derringer beltbuckles. The total anti mall-ninja rig.

Infinity, (Build Your Own) Like the one in "Heroes".

http://www.sviguns.com/

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'd say get a Desert Eagle or if you can find one, one of the old Dan Wesson revolvers with the interchangeable barrels. Get it redone with a good finish, shiny if you want. You can get from 2 1/2" to I think 10" barrels for the thing.

I have one in .357 (Not the 10" barrel), but I think they made them in .44 magnum too. Kind of a modern day "Buntline Special."
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Money be damned, this is what I would go with.

Performance Center S&W 500

DoubleTap 500gr 500 S&W
    Last edited by mountainhound100; April 25th, 2007 at 06:53 PM.

whenever my idiot friends see my .44 bisley hunter with the scope on it they think its the biggest baddest thing in the world. without the scope its ho hum. so maybe a tac light and a red dot sight or something would add to the desert eagle....or one of those 8 shot S&W .357 magnums with light rail and picatinny rail i read about recently - i bet that would be a winner for looks. (if it looks like a space gun, its scary, right?)

For a choice in handguns, It has to be a S&W 500.

For shotguns a good SXS is very impressive. Take a look below.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Well, I'm assuming shotguns are included. A Remington 870 Marine Magnum is plenty shiny.
    Attached Images
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links