Question on Taurus Heine Sights

Question on Taurus Heine Sights

This is a discussion on Question on Taurus Heine Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, I recently bought the Taurus 24/7 pro in 9mm and overall I am pleased with it . 200 rds no jams, trigger pull ...

Thread: Question on Taurus Heine Sights

Question Question on Taurus Heine Sights

Hello everyone, I recently bought the Taurus 24/7 pro in 9mm and overall I am pleased with it . 200 rds no jams, trigger pull was fine, and it felt good. I am fairly new to handgun shooting, and I thought this would be a good gun to start with. I used Remington ammo(the stuff at walmart), and at 25ft it seems to be shooting low 3-4' for the most part. I am used to rifle shooting, and this just seems embarassingly inaccurate on my part.
    Now this could be one of three things im thinking, either my shooting technique needs work, familiarization with the gun, 2). My ammo is the cause or 3). I am confusing with how to light up these sights. I kept lineing up the rear sight box with the front dot so its solid, instead of the rear dot and front dot because they blindly dont line up, is this correct?. Does anyone have a picture of how these sights are used?
    any thoughts?

My Mill Pro (and every mill pro I've ever seen) always shoots low.

I just aim for the 8 ring and get an x
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

From Heinie's website:

Taurus is using sights, which were designed by Richard Heinie specifically for the Taurus 24/7 Pistol. Taurus manufactures the sight under a license agreement with Richard Heinie and Heinie Specialty Products, Inc.

These sights are designed to be used as follows: Point of Aim Point of Impact, at 20-25 yards. In simple terms, Dead On. These are not designed to be used with a six o'clock hold.

Richard has personally tested several Taurus 24/7 Pistols in 9MM, 40S&W and 45ACP...each of these pistols have performed as stated above. If you are shooting low, be sure you are using the correct hold and that you are not pulling the pistol down during the trigger stroke.

Heinie Specialty Products, Inc. does have replacement sights for the Taurus 24/7 Pistols. At this time we offer our Heinie SlantPro Straight Eight Night Sight Set and our Heinie 3-D Night Sight Set for these pistols. If you have a problem with the Taurus 24/7 Pistol or the sights that come with it, please contact Taurus Customer Service.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Front and rear sight need to be aligned in a figure eight front sight dot on top or rear sight dot on the bottom. The front sight dot needs to cover point of aim not six o'clock position. I fired my Mil Pro PT145 3 gen for the 1st time today and love these sights. Was dead on at 10 Yds. Most rounds in 9 and ten area nothing low. Takes a little getting used to but these sights worked great for me.

I concur!

I concur with sisco and Texas 48. I also use Dead on instead of the 6 o'clock hold and my shots were POA is POI at 7 to 10 yards away!

Links