Well I celebrated B.A.G. week the other day...

This is a discussion on Well I celebrated B.A.G. week the other day... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and bought myself two new firearms for after tax season. First was a Kahr CW40 I picked up for $420 with two mags. That one ...

Thread: Well I celebrated B.A.G. week the other day...

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar

Well I celebrated B.A.G. week the other day...

and bought myself two new firearms for after tax season.

First was a Kahr CW40 I picked up for $420 with two mags. That one made me happy since all of the other Kahrs around here are the KP and TP series and I wasn't interested in the money vs. the features of those at around $600 plus.

Second was a Bushmaster O.R.C. M4 for $850 with two 30 round mags. The O.R.C. is basically the A3 version but it is allready stripped of the iron sights and carry handle, so you can go right to work adding on the optics you want and such. I plan to put an aimpoint CompM3 with some flip up iron sights and a operator sling. Simplicity is what I want. No need to attatch everything including the kitchen sink and a spare toiletpaper holder .

I could have probably done better on the Bushy in price if I had shopped around some, but it would have been a wash with the amount of fuel I would have burned doing that so I am happy with what I got.

Pictures will be forthcoming as I get things outfitted. I still have to get with my leather guy to design the leather I want for the Kahr, and there is no since in posting a picture up of a naked Bushmaster right now
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Sounds like a couple of nice firearms. Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing how they do at the range.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Nice choices...money well spent...I would have done the same...

Stay armed...stay safe!

Send pics soon...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Seems as though the Kahr CW series are quite the steal in the performance to cost ratio. Congrats on the new firearms!

me
    SOS What are your thoughts on the CW40. I am debating selling my P3AT to my mother infavor of buying one.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Well, my over whelming thoughts was that it was $180 cheaper than the kp and tp series that are available in my area, not including the night sights. With nightsights those can run almost $700.

From what I have known, functionally they are basically the same with the two primary differences being that the kp/tp's have an octagonal barrell and ability to take night sites while the CW has a rifled barrell and only comes with its stock sites. From what I have read on here (I could only find reports on CW 9's) they perform just as well.

I have not had a chance to shoot mine yet. I hope to get out in the next couple of days here and try to run the recommended 200 rounds through it for break in. At least 100 rounds. I will let you know how it does.

As far as that compared to the p3at? that is why I had chosen to get a Kahr. My father has a p3at, and I do like it. But given the alternative of .40 S&W, I would rather take the power. If this works out as well as I want, and my wife likes it, then I will look at getting the smaller one for part time deep concealment if I need it, but this is really as small as I like to go.

I think Sixto has owned both, maybe he, or someone else here, could give a rundown side by side comparison with range experience.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Links