New 229!

New 229!

This is a discussion on New 229! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After waiting 3 weeks, picked up my new sig yesterday! Shot yesterday and today(a friend of mine got his today). Its a .357 sig and ...

Thread: New 229!

New 229!

After waiting 3 weeks, picked up my new sig yesterday! Shot yesterday and today(a friend of mine got his today). Its a .357 sig and it shoots great! Was getting nervous about it considering some negatives about the guns lately, but all is good!

What negatives?

On sig forum I saw where there were different problems with quality of new guns and service there after. Just wasn't sure what I got myself into after I ordered it. Seemed to be more negative then positive which had me concerned.

Nary a problem with my SIGs for the last 13 years...no problem with service either.

That's good! I'm glad I decided on a sig, it is really nice. I rented different guns at the range to help make the decision. I bought a taurus 24/7 last year just by reading up on it. . . wish I had tried some out before i got one, but, it is what it is.

You can never go wrong with a quality firearm...although I'm predisposed towards SIG (I own 2 and want at least 2 more), it comes down to how it fits in your hand and comfort while shooting.

Congrats.

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    SIGS are classy autos, love that trigger huh?
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

229 is the one that's missing from my collection, but I've managed nicely with the Glock G23C. I've owned a P220 (sold it a couple years ago), and currently own a P226-40 and a P239-40. I've never had one issue with any of my SIGs (no FTF, or FTE).

They have all eaten EVERYTHING I've ever feed them without a problem, so I've never had a reason to call SIG - 10 years and counting.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I own 3 Sigs, the P229 in .357 Sig is my primary carry weapon....not a hiccup so far.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    See I have to sustain the comments about the Sig P229 in 357Sig. On adverage, out of ten weapons turned in at the 10,000 round mark, only half return. In five years, I'm on my 3rd Sig. Cracked slides is the most common problem followed by pins that arnt suppose to come out comming out, without being messed with. Just something to keep in mind. Many work great, but Sig is not likely to make money on our bid, since their replacing the broken ones.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Wow....I've had about 15-16K rounds through my P226/9mm without a problem...smooth action, still driving tacks.....until it got stolen out of my apt while I was moving in.

Why the cracked slides? +P ammo??

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Wow....I've had about 15-16K rounds through my P226/9mm without a problem
    I firmly believe that the Sig 226, 228, 225, 229 and 239 are designed for the 9mm round and will work wonderfully with them. However when they decided to stuff the 9mm Magnum (357Sig) round through it something just didnt click. The extra pressure in my experience is reaking havoc on them. When we were shooting 1000 rounds a day through them, we'd have one or two go down a day. We even had Sig reps on sight and they spent the day going from range to range replacing 229s out of a truck.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Gad I feel awful My 229 in 357 Sig has at least 3 thousand rounds through it and it still works perfectly. I used it to stop a holdup last June. Good choice and great caliber.

Good choice in a handgun. I wish my P229 Elite in 9mm would show up soon. They're trickling out from Sig so it could be a little while. I'm guessing the M&P 340 that I ordered yesterday will beat it here.

Sponsored Links