Talk me out of an EMP... - Page 2

Talk me out of an EMP...

This is a discussion on Talk me out of an EMP... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my father has a kimber 9mm that i think is a sweet shooting pistol. with that being said, i wish it was a tad smaller, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an EMP...

kimber 9mm

my father has a kimber 9mm that i think is a sweet shooting pistol. with that being said, i wish it was a tad smaller, since it's a 9mm and the EMP fits that profile. everytime i see one, i wish i had one... but the high price for a 9mm says, "hold on!" looks and feels like a great pistol.

let us know how it shoots :)

I absolutely LOVE my EMP! Man it's a great gun. The thing about compacts is that they have tiny grips where your pinky dangles- Not the EMP. The grip is the perfect length for my hand. As far as accuracy goes- I've shot equal or better aimed groups at 15 and 25 yards than I do with a G19 or 23. I have 400-500 rounds thru it with no hickups.

Last time I was at my family's farm, my daughter wanted a souvenier so I shot a quarter at 20-25 feet with the EMP. (pretty good for a 3" compact)

I cant say enough good about it. Does it have a downside? only one- It's not a .45 As far as the caliber goes- Corbon DPX or 124gr Gold Dot are incredible defense rounds.

It's also a great summer gun for concealment.
    Answer- Go get one!
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Do you really want a little pocket rocket in 9mm? Naw wait till it comes out in 40 or 45GAP, then you'll have a little pocket ROCKET
    It's allready listed in thier catalog in .40

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    While I have an XD9 I have a problem paying what they are asking for a 9MM (not that it isn't worth the money, but it's a 9 and not to start a caliber war it's just my view kinda like wanting to buy an American pick up but just not being able to convince yourself to get a Toyota). IF it were me I would just go ahead and go for a Govt, Commander, or Officer size in .45 But that's just me.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

arawn, you wrote:
    Ken Lunde's pictures showing the EMP well-dressed with Davidson grips almost had me breaking out a credit card.
    You mean like this?

BTW, I shot it for the first time yesterday. The trigger is slightly heavier than my preference for a 1911, but it was smooth, which helped make up for it. The texture of the G10 grips make up for the lack of front strap checkering. I fired only 100 rounds (FMJs), and experienced zero failures. Very accurate. It's a keeper! I do plan to change the ambi safety to single-sided at some point, though.

Um....Electro Magnetic Pulses are bad for electronics?

That's what I think when I hear (and first read about the EMP).

Seriously, it looks like a good CCW package.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Ken,

You sir are a bad, bad man!
    :)

Glad to hear you enjoy shooting it as much as the other EMP owners I've heard from.
    I hadn't noticed the smooth front strap. That just means EMP owners are free to have their front-straps cut with scallops, golfballs, or whatever gripping surface they'd prefer! On the other hand, I'd guess the mainspring housing is a non-standard size which could make customizing more expensive, if not necessarily impossible.

B.

Is there any sort of internal locking mechanism on the EMP?

Can't talk you out of it. They are sweet! My friend Rhome just bought one, then decided to move to the Philippines! I inherited it! I pick it up Tuesday (along with 7 other pistols). I love the way it shoots and handles. Very accurate, no misfires, truly worth recommending.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    Is there any sort of internal locking mechanism on the EMP?
    IIRC all current production Springfield 1911s are available with the ILS (integral locking system) in the main spring housing, this should include the EMP, but don't quote me on it.

Can't talk you out of it either! My wife is looking into getting one because of its smaller grip size vs. that of my Kimber Ultra CDP II.

VIP Member
    The EMP looks like just the thing to sell me on the platform - if such a thing is possibe!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The EMP looks like just the thing to sell me on the platform - if such a thing is possibe!
    Aw, c'mon and give it a try. It just might swing you to the "dark side"....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    I'm actually seriously considering it. It would be a while until I could really shoot it (only issue weapons are allowed here), but it really looks like a nice piece. The only real downside (and one major thing that has kept me from having a 1911 for so long) is that I would have to have two manuals of arms - one for work and one for CCW. I like to keep it simple, it lessens the chance of me screwing up, which is high enough already!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I couldn't convince anyone out of getting an EMP...

If you have the money go for it...its one hell of a pistol from what I have heard...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links