CZ 75D PCR Range report

This is a discussion on CZ 75D PCR Range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Range today for 2 1/2 hours in the desert: 500 rds What this gun lacks, I can't say. I made some shots that astounded me ...

Thread: CZ 75D PCR Range report

Sponsor

CZ 75D PCR Range report

Range today for 2 1/2 hours in the desert: 500 rds

What this gun lacks, I can't say. I made some shots that astounded me with this brand new gun. Just one of those days when everything was "ON".

45 yd shot on a lizard on the bank, QK quick shot cut it in half. The lower half of the body fell down the bank. One of the guys witnessed the shot, as I told him to check out the lizard out on the bank first. Could not probably duplicate that shot again in 20 years.

The PCR ran with no malfs at all in the 500 rds. Had three misses out of the 500 rds fired. Drills included shooting double taps on the move laterally at the steel plates from 15 feet out in both directions; obliques left and right out of the kill zone, 6 and 10 foot hip shots with EU/ED and QK hip on two threats; QK from 15 yrds one and two handed; two guns firing at the same time [ the G17 trainer in the left "weak" hand ] on two seperate plates 10 feet apart; long shots out to 90 yrds, etc.

I'm very happy with this gun. It's instinctive pointing is just amazing, and the gun runs as well as my Glocks for reliability in that many rds.

This will be my new carry piece for the summer I'm sure. The aluminum framed CZ PCR with 15 rds of 147 grain weighs 32.4 ounces. Just two pounds fully loaded.

The g26 and G19 leather holsters I have are just right for this PCR. I have K+D making me a custom holster to my specs for this gun presently as well. 8 degree fbi cant [ normally 15 degrees ] and the best of two different models they make mated into just what I'm looking for.

If others have experience with or own one of these CZ PCR's, lets here your thoughts as well. I'd overlooked this little gem of a pistol for years, including all the CZ's in their lineup but thats over as of today. Hell of a gun, just one nice piece of equipment that helps you be your best from my experiences and IMO based on todays range session.

It can only get better from here with this pistol.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

2. Remove Ads

CZ's are impressive i have been thinking on one to replace my glock in 9mm but for me its just a play one way or the other

The CZ 75 BD i shot impressed me never having shot one, right after loading it i was able to shoot the bullseye at 21 yards CZ builds a impressive pistol

I was eyeing a CZ 75 compact in .40S&W at gander mtn. It was $395 new. I like the guns but haven't shot one.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

That's exactly why I have the 75BD POLICE, which I traded for after shooting my sons 75BD COMPACT, that he got for Christmas. Had I never shot his, I would have never traded for mine.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I've got the P01 and am just as impressed. Amazingly reliable, accurate, points exceedingly well and naturally, easy to carry and conceal. The PCR should be a little narrower at the "nose" than the P01 (due to the rail on the P01), but otherwise they're very similar.

Congrats on the new pistol! Got to love an excellent find.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Brownie, thanks for the review. My wife is still trying to find just the right pistol for her and the CZ 75D PCR is one that she has chosen to look at. Your review will be a big help to her when she starts to look more seriously.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sponsor
    dr_cmg;

I'd check to make sure that with the proper hand grip, the middle of the first pad of her index finger on the trigger, that her length of her index finger did not rest on the gun at all and had "clearance".

I found with the factory rubber grips, the length of pull [ LOP ] was just barely adequate for my own use. I put the custom thin checkered wood grips on it, and that made a lot of difference to me on the LOP and made the gun that much more "shootable" without yanking on the trigger in DA first shot mode.

I obviously like this gun. It runs good, the recoil is light and the grip angle makes it a superb pointing weapon naturally. Thought I'd mention the above as something to be cognizant of in determining what to go with.

DA to SA guns can be problematic and hinder the shots if the LOP is too long for that first shot in DA.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I've got a 75B. Its almost point and shoot, with the best ergonomics of any gun I own.

I put a CZ P01 on layaway for concealed carry. The shorter grip on the P01, along with the alloy frame make me think it'll carry quite nicely. 13 round magazines are icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryARK View Post
    I've got a 75B. Its almost point and shoot, with the best ergonomics of any gun I own.

I put a CZ P01 on layaway for concealed carry. The shorter grip on the P01, along with the alloy frame make me think it'll carry quite nicely. 13 round magazines are icing on the cake.
    Gary, I think you'll love the P-01 for carry. I carry mine all the time in a C-TAC. BTW - the std. capacity mags are 14rds.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I may have to rent one of those suckers and see how I like it. I've never really considered CZ, but I don't know why not!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Ah, yes! More converts to the ever growing legions of CZ fans! They are underrated. My Rami .40 is one of my main summer carry guns. Thinking of getting a PO1 to go with my growing CZ collection! Glad you like them!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Links