About the Kel-Tec P3AT, I gotta say. . . - Page 5

About the Kel-Tec P3AT, I gotta say. . .

This is a discussion on About the Kel-Tec P3AT, I gotta say. . . within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Kel-Tec P-32. It's my second one and I cannot recall ever having a malfunction with either weapon. I carry with the ten-round ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I love my Kel-Tec P-32. It's my second one and I cannot recall ever having a malfunction with either weapon. I carry with the ten-round extended magazine and it has made me love the little gun even more. It now sits solidly and comfortably in my hand, whereas with the standard magazine it sits atop my fist in a somewhat wobbly manner. At the close quarters where these type of weapons are most likely to be used, weapon retention is a consideration.

I had decided to purchase a Seecamp .32. The manufacturer had finally met demand and prices were no longer at a premium. I went to the gun shop, had the Seecamp in my hand, and, literally looking past the pistol in my hand through the glass of the gun case, saw a P-32 on display. "Let me look at that one," I asked. Once it was in my hand, love immediately started to build. Its slimness and extremely light weight were irresistible, and the very low price was an additional incentive. I put the Seecamp back and brought home the Kel-Tec and have never once regretted my decision.

Unlike most respondents, I think these are very good-looking pistols. Of course, I also admire the appearance of the Lee-Enfield Mk III and Lilly Tomlin; I am quite unconcerned about the differing opinions held by others.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    If you have one, what drew you to the point where you spent money on it? Would you bet your life on it? Do you?
    Sorry that others can't afford the expensive guns you can.

I want reliability first and foremost. I don't care if it looks like ****. I want to hear a boom every time I pull the trigger. Period.

And no, I don't own one (although I am seriously considering one as a BUG, although a used J frame is my first choice right now).
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Never shot one but I decided to go with a J frame instead.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Just bought a P3AT a couple of weeks ago. It has the hard chrome slide. I have about 100 rounds through it so far. No problems at all. Fit and finish are nothing to get exited about. Not much fun to shoot for a long time either. It drops brass on my head every now and then. Having said that it is easy to conceal in a number of ways, goes bang every time and I can hit what I'm trying to with it. It does nicely what I bought it for, which is a reliable deep carry gun for hot weather when it is harder to conceal and a backup for the rest of the time.

I am very happy that the P3AT was so reasonably priced, but if it cost twice as much, it is still the lightest, slimmest gun in .380 around.

If this gun sold for $600, everyone would be saying how it is an attractive gun in a very functional way, the frame's dull color is nicely non-reflective, the checkering gives a solid hold even if the hand is wet or oily, and how accurate the gun is.

Yes - ACCURATE! Shoot a couple of hundred rounds through your gun and the trigger gets very smooth. Experiment with different ammo until you find what your gun likes best. Learn how to use the tiny sights. Then go out and shoot it at longer ranges expecting it to hit. It's a lot more gun than you ever imagined!
    Last edited by obxned; May 15th, 2007 at 01:02 AM.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I agree somewhat, that if the company was truly proud, they would have a bit more QC, on appearance. Regardless of how they shoot, reliable and cheap, $250.00 is still a good bit of money where I come from. It is just trying a little harder, to putout a decent looking product. If it raises the price $10.00, it sounds like you guys would still buy it. Just think all of that filing and buffing you have to do could be more time at the range or practicing draws. I am a GLOCK man by heart and I have put up with some real crap from my friends, but when they are clearing their jams, because their showpiece "carry guns" get a little dirty, I get the last HAHA. Looks are unimportant, but it is nice to know you get something that is not slapped together to look like an elementary art project, for your hard earned $$$$. Just my piece.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links