Ever have one of those days?

Ever have one of those days?

This is a discussion on Ever have one of those days? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just went by my favorite gun shop to make a layaway payment on the G19. All the guys were busy so I browsed around for ...

Thread: Ever have one of those days?

Wink Ever have one of those days?

Just went by my favorite gun shop to make a layaway payment on the G19. All the guys were busy so I browsed around for a bit ... first mistake. There was a SS Walther PPk .380 in the case and I asked to see it ... second mistake. He handed it over and, well .......... I was SUPPOSE to pay off the G19 next month but that just got extended a bit. Instead of paying $100 on the Glock and walking out, I put $50 on it and $100 on the PPk. I've always wanted one and it looks like it's coming home soon.

He also told me as he was ringing up the sale that S&W was adding their annual price increase tomorrow morning, 5% - 10% on everything so it looks like I saved about $50 on the Walther. Of course, he also said they charged a $50 "hush fee" for not calling wives about new handguns .... what can I say, he's a swell guy.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    Jack - you did what I am sure we have all done - it happens LOL. Good find.

''Hush fee" Hahah -
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Just went by my favorite gun shop to make a layaway payment on the G19. All the guys were busy so I browsed around for a bit ... first mistake. There was a SS Walther PPk .380 in the case and I asked to see it ...
    Jack

Nice! I have an Interarms Walther PPK from back in the early-mid '90s. You mentioned S&W in connection with this. Are they now the ones making the PPK under license?

Be careful when you first get it. Before you carry it, take it to the range and test it thoroughly. (Duh, as though you weren't gonna.)

See, when mine was new outta the box, there was a problem with some part in the trigger mechanism. (sear?) The gun would fire double-action just fine, but for some reason, there was a slip in single-action, where the trigger could be pulled but whatever it was that had to happen, part A hooking to part B, it was missing there.

I brought it in to the gun shop where I bought it, and the guy was impressed that I, a non-gunsmith, had even been able to determine what was wrong. (I didn't understand his amazement, because it had seemed pretty elementary.) He then took the same part out of another PPK they had in stock -- that my best friend was going to be purchasing -- and put it into mine, and the gun worked perfectly after that. (He had to order the part to put into my friend's specimen prior to his purchase.)

I don't know if this problem was widespread or not, but I just wanted to give you a heads-up just in case. Enjoy your new guns when you get them!

It's my understanding that S&W is importing the Walthers under license now, though I could be mistaken. I was actually shocked to see my first PPk last year as I thought they weren't legal for import (only the PPK/s). The guy I spoke with said the PPK/s is a better seller for him but personally, if I drop down to a .380 it's due to tough concealment issues, so I'd rather have the smaller model.

I'll keep the sear situation in mind, thanks for the tip. Now to track down spare mags.
    Jack

Mmmmmm PPK, I've always wanted one. Been thinking about that anniversary one.

Not Particularly Interested in PPK's...

But I've done what you did...three times, this year!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I want a PPK, but can't justify it to myself. Now, if the price really is going up it will be even more difficult. Maybe I can find a used one somewhere.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I have to stay away from the gunshops. I find myself living off of ketchup packets to save enough money for a new toy!

Embarrassing...

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I'm terrible... like a kid at a candy shop when I go to the darned gun shop. I'd buy one of each if I had the money!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Senior Moderator
    The PPK is a good gun. All you have to say is, "It's James Bond's gun," and people start going.. OOOOHHHHH, AAAAHHHH.

I'm hoping to have sold one at our shop. A gal came in looking for a .380 and it came down to a fist fight between the Sig 232 or the PPK. The PPK won by a nose for the simple fact that the magazine was located on the frame by the trigger and the mag release on the Sig is on the bottom of the mag well.

So it's PPK by a nose.

I have a Bersa Thunder in .380. Similar to the PPK.

My only complaint with it is its heavy trigger pull for the DA.

Other than that, it's a good little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    I have to stay away from the gunshops. I find myself living off of ketchup packets to save enough money for a new toy!

Embarrassing...
    ketchup you say? My kids like ketchup. Sometimes Sam will eat it with a spoon. I've been doing it ALL WRONG. I need to ENCOURAGE hsi ketchup consumption (The Reagan Admin declared it a vegetable too!) to further our shooty goodness fund.

GREAT idea!
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Sponsored Links