Picking Up The New Glock Tonight! - Page 2

Picking Up The New Glock Tonight!

This is a discussion on Picking Up The New Glock Tonight! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by incredipete Mmmmm. Glock. Congrats! I'm partial to the .40, but you can't go wrong with a Glock. Echoed. Just last week, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picking Up The New Glock Tonight!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    Mmmmm. Glock.

Congrats! I'm partial to the .40, but you can't go wrong with a Glock.
    Echoed.

Just last week, I bought a model 22. LOVE it!
    It joins my 27, which I love also.

You know, one of the big reasons I went and got the 22 was that I've wanted a full-sized GLOCK ever since I got my subcompact (way back in '96!).
    The other reason is to stick it to those, in principle, who are pushing to ban more guns, pushing to limit capacity like they did in '94. I rejoice in the fact that the more they want this b.s. gun control, the more of us go out and acquire more guns!
    Last edited by peacefuljeffrey; May 1st, 2007 at 03:30 PM.

Add me to the long list of happy Glock owners !

My current carry is a 23, seems as if I can never buy enough holsters for it, LOL !!!

Congrats, Jimmy !!!

I just picked up my first Glock over the weekend. I got the G29, 10mm. Talk about a hand cannon. I love it so far though. I had no idea how simple and cheap they are to work on and modify. A drop in tactical trigger job for under $50.

I see a G36 as it's stable mate in the future.
    Last edited by Mike from Texas; May 2nd, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Congrats, I own 3 glocks. 19,20, and 23.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Didn't get the chance to go out with it today. But it looks real good sitting beside my G30. It's amazing how little the difference looks compared to how they feel. I already think my wife is trying to claim the 36.
    I do need a little help finding a good holster for summertime CCW. Guess I should sart a different thread and not hijack this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Actually it's my fourth Glock, although I've sold off two of them. I still have the 26 and now the new 36.

My friend has a range in his basement...yep, a range under his house. He built a fantastic new home two years ago, and had a huge vault room and a 50 foot three-lane range built in, complete with a very nice ventilation system. Of course, he has an FFL and whatever level the papers are to build full-auto stuff. It is a fun place. In fact, he's hosting a full-auto shoot outdoors on May 12.

So, we pop the new Glock 36 out of the box and run 8 mags through it flawlessly. And, with his coaching I shot well from 20 feet and even with a couple of mags at 50 feet. Then, he installed the Meprolights (orange rear/green front) for me, so once I run some carry ammo through it, it is ready for carry.

I bought a Fobus holster on Glock Talk and should have that this week. It will get me by until my Milt Sparks Watch Six arrives about four months from now.

By the end of the week I want to get the new toy onto an outdoor range and chew some ammo up on the plate rack.

Buying a new pistol is so much fun....

Currently own a G19, 23, 27 and 30. The 30 replaced my 36. I loved that gun but for some reason when I racked the slide hard it would jump forward off of the frame as if it was going over the take down lever.

I replaced the spring under the take down lever twice and it didn't work. I sent it back to Glock and they couldn't fix it. So they sent me a G30 to replace it.

I really did love the "slim line" Glock. I hope that you have better luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Currently own a G19, 23, 27 and 30. The 30 replaced my 36. I loved that gun but for some reason when I racked the slide hard it would jump forward off of the frame as if it was going over the take down lever.

I replaced the spring under the take down lever twice and it didn't work. I sent it back to Glock and they couldn't fix it. So they sent me a G30 to replace it.

I really did love the "slim line" Glock. I hope that you have better luck.
    I think Glock was a little to quick to release the 36. The early models had some issues, but Glock has the reputation to protect so they fixed the problems asap. I think the late models are fine, I am thinking of picking one up myself as soon as I can come up with a reason why I need one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I love my G23.

I wouldn't mind having one of those G36 models myself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think Glock was a little to quick to release the 36. The early models had some issues, but Glock has the reputation to protect so they fixed the problems asap. I think the late models are fine, I am thinking of picking one up myself as soon as I can come up with a reason why I need one.
    Mine actually was a later model. It was an LE gun that have their own list of serial numbers. I actually haven't changed my avatar, but that was my 36. Glock couldn't fix the problem. One of there techs actually asked me why I rack the slide so hard. I told him I was trained that way by the NYPD on my G19. In a combat situation when I reload, I am not going to be tender on the slide. I can still hear the range instructors yelling at us to rip that side like you want it to come off.

I know several people that had the same problem. But Glock did the right thing and sent me a G30. Nice gun, but I would rather have had them fix the problem on my G36.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links