Glock 27 help

This is a discussion on Glock 27 help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 27 help

Administrator

Talking Shooting "Way Too Low" Target

2. Remove Ads

too low target!! I needed that after the night of herding electrons I have had. Have any of you all heard of Arizona Responce I lost the URL for the moment but they fill the backstrap of the Glock and then reshape the thing to basically a 1911 type frame.http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...smithglock.htm $150 Some how I see me going to a Carry 12 before all this is over, but , here we go again as that is a double stack frame gun. I just don't feel good some places I wind up with only a 7+1 gun. When the sun comes up on a nice september morning and I notice that in the dark I walked into the middle of a dope patch I want a lot of rounds in a magazine so I at least for the time feel better. Yes I've been there and done that. It is an uneasy feeling. Generally no one is around and you can ease out looking for trip wires on the way BUT some day I just know I'm going to stumble on a nutcases patch. Then there is the neighborhood I work in and walk out into at anywhere from 12 to 3;30 in the morning. OK I'm straying off the subject some now but you see why I like more rounds in fewer magazines? I've been shooting for 46 out of my 48 years and seen very few arms I couldn't shoot well to very well. I guess that is the other thing that makes me think I can get a handle on this little gun. BTW the Para has been in my waist band the last several nights to and fro so I am really paying attention to what you all are saying. I'm just hard headed about giving up on the 27.
    Last edited by Willy P; March 31st, 2005 at 03:15 AM. Reason: found url

Administrator

Thumbs up Congrats!

Looks like you found your own answer to your problem.
    This alteration (below) sure might go a long way toward setting things right for you. Much Much better! Make the pistol fit you & not the other way around. Go for it!
    It's slightly ugly but who cares? The Glock pistols are all ugly anyway.
    And Yes, I have one & I still think it's an ugly thing.
    But,...they sure do shoot.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

JT
    As a Glock aficionado that picture makes me shudder.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Administrator

Jt

That grip is kinda scary lookin' huh? The Nightmare Glock from Hell!
    But, the grip profile/configuration is actually quite good.
    As long as it's structurally sound ~ it would make good sense for him to have his pistol "operated on"
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

to help QK out a bit, I have shot a few glocks from the company that did the work to that glock in QK's post. It does go a long way for a 1911 shooter to have the back strap adjusted, but I will stick to my 1911's. The company that does this sort of work is Lone Wolf Distributors and they can be reached @ (208) 437-0612. If you have a Glock, these are the guys to see as they are doing all sorts of work on pistols that are being used the world over by guys working for both Blackwater and Triple Canopy.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    As long as it's structurally sound ~ it would make good sense for him to have his pistol "operated on"
    My first Glock, was a 19, and I got for 150.00 from a dealer that told me "I never want to see this come back" He sold it to me cuz the trigger guard had a hole in it from one of those "laser add-ons" I took epoxy and plugged it up. The weapon had it's finish on the slide completly brushed off, as to make it look like "stainless" LOL....You know.it really looked fugly <JK> but it shot real good....I then used that spray stuff called "Tuf Coat" and placed the gun, frame, slide and all into the oven to bake it at 165 degrees. It sorts looked like OK's gun, but it STILL shot like a Champ. I finally got rid of it, because I was offered 375.00 in trade for another gun. I wish I had that Glock today. <even though it was Fugly LOL....

Lead Moderator
    I think you can condition yourself witha Glock just fine, but no matter who you are (Ayoob included) it is impossible to be able to point shoot all kinds of guns naturally. Why change out the grip on a Glock? Get a diffrent pistol that is double stacked and similar to a 1911 if that is your prefernce. My HK and Taurus have similar grip angle and safety set up like a 1911. Or just go with Glocks as CCW guns.

Lightbulb

This thread is sort of taking on a life of it's own but since no one seems to care it is sort of skirting into another subject I'll hold with it till we all hash it to pieces Like I said before, the thing that started me away from the Para was the reduced rounds per magazine and the fact I am struggling to find a carry holster that hides it in warm/hot weather on my little frame and I'm struggling to get any night sights for it. Now enter the little tupperware gun, I got the thing NIB with trituims for $525 I thought that a fair price for the local market here in OH. You can get ANYTHING for these guns dag gone near anywhere. It's like buying Chevy parts! I can make this pistol flat disappear on me in a T shirt. I especially like to do that with the Cobra gunskin shirt with Yanna on it everyone looks at her and not at the little tiny lump on my right side I am 2 days worth of orders from them starting to build a Tail Gunner for both the Glock and Para at High Noon for me. The Wilson IWB I have for the Para just doesn't get it for concealment on me. For rounds available for size, easy of concealablity, light weightness, availability of parts and other crap for the gun the plastic Vondergun is winning me over. How about you all think up a test for me on a IDPA type target, decide how many rounds and the shots to take, moving forward, back, off line,etc ( 21 feet or less for real life instances ) the time a 2 shot string from concealment under a hoody should take and I'll go see what I do with the plastic blaster and I'll post of picture of the target for judgment. I think I can swing getting the plastic surgery on the gun at a later date to turn it into an ugly duck 1911 too.

maybe you want to look into these guys for more options http://www.custom-glock.com/ they might have a few options you can buy, or other custom options for you to modify the gun with. <holsters, grips, etc>

I also found this inof on the site I posted for you......it costs 30.00 for them to modify the gun. It is as follows:
    "The hump where the triggerguard meets the frame in cut away allowing you a higher grip for more control and comfort." just a bit of info for you to consider on the web page I gave you.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Oh, I agree that for someone who is use to a 1911 grip, it could be helpful. I shoot mostly Glocks, so it would not be good for me.

Now from a looks, standpoint - that is what makes me shudder. I know many think Glocks are ugly, but a find a sort of beauty in their utilitarian look.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    to help QK out a bit, I have shot a few glocks from the company that did the work to that glock in QK's post. It does go a long way for a 1911 shooter to have the back strap adjusted, but I will stick to my 1911's. The company that does this sort of work is Lone Wolf Distributors and they can be reached @ (208) 437-0612. If you have a Glock, these are the guys to see as they are doing all sorts of work on pistols that are being used the world over by guys working for both Blackwater and Triple Canopy.

~A
    Lonewolf will also chop your Glock frame for you, if you are so inclined. For example, they can take you model 17 or 19 and make the frame model 26 size. It may be an interesting concept because you can have the sub-compact size frame, with a longer slide. I wouldn’t send one of mine in to be butchered, but it does make for some interesting possibilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links