Anyone have a Glock 26 and an XD9sc?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Glock 26 and an XD9sc? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying a Glock 23 primary and for BUG Ruger SP-101 .357 for a while now. My wife has a Ruger SP-101 .38 ...

Thread: Anyone have a Glock 26 and an XD9sc?

I have been carrying a Glock 23 primary and for BUG Ruger SP-101 .357 for a while now. My wife has a Ruger SP-101 .38 spl.

I am wanting to go with a higher capacity BUG and also a higher capacity for my wife.

I got to shoot the 4 inch XD9 compact a couple weeks ago and really liked it. They did not have the XD in a subcompact available so couldn't try what I really wanted.

They did have a Glock 27 which I tried. While I handle my Glock 23 and Para P-12 and Colt officers just fine, I did not like the G27 in .40 and suspect the wife won't either. (I am trying to recover from some nerve damage in my shooting arm, hoping it isn't permanent, and the 40 cal in a sub compact is way too uncomfortable)

I guess my question is, of those who have shot or own a G26 and an XD9sc, which do you prefer? And why?

The G27 was surprisingly accurate for what I thought a sub compact would be. The XD9 was fiercly accurate too but had a longer barrel.

Thanks for any input!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I guess my question is, of those who have shot or own a G26 and an XD9sc, which do you prefer? And why?
    Own both, shoot both, like both! But the question is which do I prefer and here the choice, for me, is hands down the XD. Why? The ergonomics of the XD, for me, are just downright superior. I carry the XD9SC with the extended magazine and it fits my hand a lot better. The result is that I end up shooting the XD a lot better than I can the G26. Much more accurate. FWIW.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    The ergonomics of the XD, for me, are just downright superior.
    yep, ergonomics is my deciding factor here as well...though, for me, the Glock is a beter fit. So I think it will really depend on the shooter.

XD9sc

I own two XDs. A four inch service model and a sub-compact. Both are 9-mm. I have shot the Glock 26 several times. I really prefer the XD9sc. Both have a short grip that cause my little finger to end up under the magazine. That is solved by buying a $10.00 Pierce extension. This is what I like about the XD.

1. The grip fits my hand better.
    2. The grip safety.
    3. The trigger.
    4. The Heinie straight eight sights.

The grip and grip safety are similar to the Colt 1911. I find comfort in the extra safe feeling of the grip safety when holstering or handling the pistol. While the trigger has some travel it is a better trigger in my opinion. The Glock trigger pinches my finger. I bought the XD9sc with the Heinie sights installed by Springfield. The standard three dot sights are excellent. It is amazing that the sub-compact shoots every bit as well as my service model. And last it is a great CCW pistol.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I've fired both. I'm actually getting ready to buy an XD from a friend... I like .40, but the 9mm is a bit easier to handle from a recoil perspective. In .40, I prefer the Glock, because of the grip angle (I can recover a tad faster), but it's not for everyone.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I am trying to recover from some nerve damage in my shooting arm, hoping it isn't permanent, and the 40 cal in a sub compact is way too uncomfortable
    Before switching over to 9mm, I urge you to try the XD40 subcompact if you've been carrying a Glock 23. I have both and I swear to you that the felt recoil and muzzle flip on my XD is less than that of the larger Glock 23.

I own an XD9 SC, I don't own a G26 but do own a 9mm Glock (G34) so I am familiar with the differences, and have used a G26 a few times at the range.
    I would get the XD simply because that's what I did when I was shopping and comparing the G26 - XD9 SC - M&P9C.
    Short mag for ankle carry, possibly even pocket carry. Full size mag for belt carry. As accurate as I am, maybe more so.

own both love them i do like the grip on the xdsc better as far as holding and shooting but the 26 even with a pearce grip ext is easier to hide for me anyways
    Well hell yes its dangerous if it wasnt i wouldnt be carrying it!
    Beretta PX4 40sw
    SR9
    PF9
    Sig mosquito 22
    Keltec p3at

Thanks everyone! I know everyones favorite is always a subjective thing. What works, fits, feels better for one, certainly cannot be the same for another. However, everyones "subjective" feelings responding to this post has been very informative, helpful and most appreciative!

I do like the G23 I have. I shoot it, I like it, I carry it, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with Glock. Gaston certainly is an innovator and the fact that in less than 20 years, it has literally swept from coast to coast in the law enforcement community. You can't do that with a bad platform!

But for the XD... I do like it a lot! I think the passive new indicators like the cocked striker indicator, and the nice loaded chamber indicator on top is only an added benefit. I have two 1911 style pistols, a Colt Officers and a Para P12 and I love the grip safety that Springfield incorporated in the XD. I think the new ergonomics is an improvement on the Glock, but just my opinion.

Will probably go with the XD but still need to let the wife shoot it first. She does like the handling characteristics of the XD and what the wife likes can not be ignored if you all know what I mean.

Anyway, your help has been helpful, thanks!

(I wonder if I can get a package deal on an XD and a SOCOM 16 together?)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by mrchun View Post
    Before switching over to 9mm, I urge you to try the XD40 subcompact if you've been carrying a Glock 23. I have both and I swear to you that the felt recoil and muzzle flip on my XD is less than that of the larger Glock 23.
    mrchun,

I will definitely make it a point to shoot the XD40sc before making the switch to a 9mm. I have always been a big bore kind of guy, so thanks for the input!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

I know you didn't mention it, but may I suggest looking at the Walther P99c which is appx the same size, comes in both 9MM & 40S&W. It is worth your time, believe me.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Sponsored Links