How to Carry with Tucked in Shirt?

How to Carry with Tucked in Shirt?

This is a discussion on How to Carry with Tucked in Shirt? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am wondering if anyone has expereince with carrying concealed but with their shirt tucked in. Do to my job I must have it tucked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to Carry with Tucked in Shirt?

Smile How to Carry with Tucked in Shirt?

I am wondering if anyone has expereince with carrying concealed but with their shirt tucked in. Do to my job I must have it tucked in, but don't have the need to every have sports coat on. Any suggestions.

I have a .32 tomcat that I carry right now in my pocket but would like to either have my 92fs or 1911 on me instead. Rather think of the .32 as a backup.

Looking forward to what anyone has to suggest.

Senior Moderator
    You can try Smartcarry or a Tuckable holster.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT2.asp?CatalogID=7

You can search the Holster sorce links on this forum and get a lot more makers.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Thanks will have to check out what Galco has on IWB. I have seen the Smartcarry and it looks to be quite a rig and difficult to draw from.

Belly Band or Kangaroo style holster that holds the gun up under the armpit. They can be had to hold as small as a little 32 or up to as big as you want it. The heavier the gun the less comfortable and harder to conceal just like everything else.

I can draw my snubbie from this very quickly as long as the top two buttons are undone and it conceals very well. Not comfortable for long durations and I've had trouble with it sliding down if not tight enough.

I like the Kangaroo style, in that the weight hangs from the top of the shoulder and I will be playing with this idea when modifying my current setup.

Tuckables with a full size gun look like you are hiding a full size gun under your shirt.
    RKirk likes this.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Senior Moderator
    I carry a snubbie using SmartCarry, I can draw faster than I can with a tuckable, but not as fast as IWB.

any of these types of "Deep concealed" holsters work best with compact or smaller pistols. Papa Scout is right a full size in a tuckable looks like a huge buldge unless you wear really baggie clothes.
    Last edited by pgrass101; May 2nd, 2007 at 03:57 PM.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

The Answer or Texas Heritage from Tucker Gunleather.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I have 2 tuckables from UBG holsters. It's his newest one. Hides my Kahr PM9 & Taurus Mil Pro PT145 quite well.

His prices & turn around times are very reasonable.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I carry every day with a desantis tuck this holster. 90% of the time my shirt is tucked in. In Texas this is just the best way for me to carry, for my dress attire, and the climate. If I do wear a hawian shirt or t shirt untucked I still use the same holster. It works for me.

When I decide to carry the 1911, I am forced to wear a vest for cover, and I don't really care for that method.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

At my job I'm lucky enough to get away with business casual which is typically khaki pants and a polo or golf shirt. Though there are people that try to get away with wearing their shirts untucked, to me it just looks sloppy and unprofessional. So my shirt needs to stay tucked in too. I wanted to experiment with a tuckable holster so I made my own (sort of). Read here about how to make a belt slide paddle holster into a tuckable one - http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=24554 - The Bucket Holster

I've worn it several days and I really like it. Now I have to go out and buy new pants to give me a little more room for the gun. If you already wear your pants with that extra room then you won't need to, but if you're like me and have "expanded" since marriage then new looser pants are in order. I can totally see how people can hide a 1911 on a daily basis.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I wear my dress shirt tucked in every day I go to work and carry my pistol, two mags, expandable batton, flashlight, cuffs, knife and soft trama plate. All under a dress shirt. For business dress, I use the UC Comfort 3XH t-shirt holster. But I've talked about that before, LOL.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

+1 on the Texas Heritage from Tucker Gun Leather. I carry a 1911 Commander - it tucks VERY easily and is invisible with just a minimum of shirt blousing......

VIP Member
    fed, I think I've asked before. Do you have a link where it can be purchased?
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

"If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I am waiting on a Tarus PT1911ss and figure this will most likely be the carry gun. I take it weight distribution is alright for wearing all day with the Teaxas Heritage from Tucker?

Also has anyone seen the or used the Tail Gate holster from Highnoon holsters?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    What Papa said. LOL.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links