CZ 75D PCR vs Glock 19

CZ 75D PCR vs Glock 19

This is a discussion on CZ 75D PCR vs Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it just me? I own and I am happy with either the CZ 75D PCR or Glock 19. I see these pistols as equals ...

Thread: CZ 75D PCR vs Glock 19

CZ 75D PCR vs Glock 19

Is it just me? I own and I am happy with either the CZ 75D PCR or Glock 19. I see these pistols as equals and I see no advantage to either; both of mine are equally reliable, about the same size, and easily carried. Let me throw another two pistols into the mix; I am also happy with my S&W M6906 and truly adore my CZ 75 Compact. If I were to choose between all of these handguns my CZ 75 Compact would get the nod. Why? The CZ 75 Compact feels damned near as good in my hand as a Browning High-Power and that says a lot. What is your opinion? Regards, Richard

CZ75 Compact:
    Last edited by richardoldfield; May 3rd, 2007 at 10:13 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I say pick what works best for you don't worry about what others say.I like glocks and have no experience with cz but if it works for you buy it.

The CZ 75 series does feel nearly, though not quite, as good as the Browning HiPower. That is saying a lot, but CZ came up with a great gun, in the 75. P01, here, and I love it. Reliable, accurate, points well, shoots better. The Kahr K9 fits my hand better, but the CZ P01 is by far a better gun. The G19 is one of the finest pistols made. I, too, think the CZ 75 series is of similar quality and suitability to purpose. Definitely an underrated gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

ccw9mm, if you like the CZ75 P01, you owe it to yourself to handle and shoot the CZ75 Compact. I am honest when I say the only thing I do not like about the P01 is its boxy look caused by the accessories rail. Regards, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardoldfield View Post
    ccw9mm, if you like the CZ75 P01, you owe it to yourself to handle and shoot the CZ75 Compact.
    Have. The 75 D PCR is very similar. Except for the rail on the front end, they feel nearly identical. Handled the 75 B, 75 D PCR the 2075 RAMI and the P01, preferring the overall features of the P01. Only the P01 and PCR have controls I can easily manipulate (lefty). To me, they all feel very similar, otherwise.

Yeah, they are sweet. Anyone looking for a gun that handles well, shoots well and has flawless reliability deserves a look at these.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    CZ's are a underated gun, no doubt about it. I prefer the G19, but thats me. Go with whatever you like better, It doesnt matter to me what you want to carry.
    "Just blame Sixto"

kpw
    I'd be happy if I had that round up too. I like my Glocks but I haven't shot a CZ I didn't like yet.

That CZ75 is a beautiful gun. The only advantage a Glock would have is in terms of reliability. One advantage to a hammerless gun is sand and grit will not affect it as much, compared to a gun with a hammer.

In terms of everyday CC, I kind of doubt you will need to worry about sand and grit.

The CZ is so cool and old school Id carry it if I had reliable magazines for it.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

I have been reading up on the CZ P-01 lately and really like what I have been hearing about it (except I hear the trigger isn't the greatest at first). I also really like the way it looks. I think it would be another great conceal carry pistol. The problem is I haven't found one locally to handle and dry-fire (to see if it fits my hand well and how the trigger feels). No one locally has one in stock, not even the 75 D PCR compact (or even a regular 75 compact for that matter). I guess I need to get up to Tucson or Phoenix one of these weeks to find one to actually handle and decide from there. Is the CZ P-01 kind of rare to find in most gun stores and gun shows (I sure hope not)?

P-01s are a little rarer to find, but every AZ gun show I've been to has had one at least early on. I've shot Glocks and shot CZs. CZs look and feel better to me but I shoot Glocks better. I'm not carrying to shoot 1" groups, so I naturally went with what feels better.

Yep, everyone seems to like the way they feel in their hand. I do need to get to a gun show soon. Buds Gun Shop website has them for a very good price, but I hate to just order one without handling one in person first.

Sponsored Links