Has Anyone Compared Tru-Glo TFO Vs. XS-Big Dot?

This is a discussion on Has Anyone Compared Tru-Glo TFO Vs. XS-Big Dot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I just ordered my XD9sc in OD green today. Since it comes with regular 3 dot sights, I'm wondering if anyone has personally compared ...

Hi,

I just ordered my XD9sc in OD green today. Since it comes with regular 3 dot sights, I'm wondering if anyone has personally compared the Tru-Glo TFO (tritium fiber optic combo) with the XS - Big Dot Tritium sights?

Also if anyone has any rave reviews on other types of night sights?

I have mepro on my G23 and on my AR-15 and a Trijicon tritium bead on my shotgun.

Thanks in advance!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I used to have a G26 and a SIG P229 both with Tru-Glo TFO's. They were by far the brightest H3 sights I have ever seen (compared to Trijicons and Meps), the daylight sight picture was great too and very easy to pick up. Can't compare them to the Big Dots as I have never used them. The only caveat with the TFOs is that the front sight is so long that it effectively reduces your sight radius.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by p8riot View Post
    ...They were by far the brightest H3 sights...
    H3?
    I'm not familiar with that term.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    H3?
    I'm not familiar with that term.

B.
    H3 is the elemental name for Tritium. Essentially it is Hydrogen3. Sorry for the shorthand.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

Cool, thanks.

Hey I haven't even finished my coffee and I've already learned my new thing for the day.

:)

B.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Cool, thanks.

Hey I haven't even finished my coffee and I've already learned my new thing for the day.

:)

B.
    Glad I could help

Haven't used the XS Big Dot but both of my Glocks have the TruGlo TFOs on them. They are the best of both worlds no matter what the lighting conditions. Only way they could be better is if the front sight was a little larger in diameter like the XS Big Dot. I really do love mine and would recommend them to any one. They are priced right and you can install them without any specialized tools (rear sight pusher/drift tool) as well.
    Fireman

Carrying either a Glock 23 or 30 each w/ TruGlo TFO in Comp Tac C-TAC holsters since obtaining Nebraska CHP in Feb. 2007

<---------------------The reason I carry.

Can you believe it... I have to wait 60 Friggon Days to get an OD Green subcompact from Springfield... So I have plenty of time to decide on sights...

Any more opinions are welcome! Thanks to those who have responded so far!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I had the XS big dot front sight with a tritium center. I'm assuming that's what you mean. I loved them because they were easy to pick up during the day as well as low light. I used a ghost ring for the rear sight.

I have the tritium fiber optic front sight on my shotgun. That works good too, but I think the XS big dot is more compact for CC.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Bark'n;359741]Can you believe it... I have to wait 60 Friggon Days to get an OD Green subcompact from Springfield... So I have plenty of time to decide on sights...

At least you can get one. I have been trying to get an XD40sc and the shops in my area just laugh and say good luck.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I have XS sights on my Para P-12 and I have TrueGlo TFO on mySig P229(also currently having my slides cut for TFO on my Para P-13 Limited and EAA/Tanfoglio 10mm).

I like the TFO better than XS. IMO, XS are great for fast target aquisition but not good for extreme precision shots.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

Links