Has this ever existed?

Has this ever existed?

This is a discussion on Has this ever existed? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok - Hollywood stuff is way extreme ... that's a given. But - was there ever such a thing as a (single shot I expect) ...

Thread: Has this ever existed?

Assistant Administrator

Has this ever existed?

Ok - Hollywood stuff is way extreme ... that's a given. But - was there ever such a thing as a (single shot I expect) piece that strapped to forearm .. and was thusly concealed - in short/jacket sleeve.

Brought in to play I guess by extension of arm and some triggering device. It would have to be on the extensor surface and used with care to avoid damage to owner's back of hand.

It was speaking with a guy earlier today that brought this to mind ... maybe not entirely practical but - sure as heck would save some time in the draw! Not sure quite how to avoid powder burns tho!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Yes, there was. I'm not sure what it was called but I think they originated with gamblers back in the 1800's. I seem to remember the same concept made into something the spies used to use back during WWII. May take a little research but could probably find a reference to it on the Internet somewhere.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I too have seen something (albeit not in person) similar to what you are describing. I will try to find a pic of it.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

In the "Old West" days, there was such a thing. It was used by people, especially gamblers and bankers, to hide a weapon, preferrably a derringer, or small pepperbox in the wrist area. It was also used in the early 1900's in the East, to hide a small single shot Colt, Derringer, etc.
    It worked on a pressure type system, or flick of the wrist to engage it. It was basically a wrist strap, usually wrapped on the arm at around close to the elbow area, with an accordian type section, which criss crossed and had an attatchment to the weapon. With either arm pressure or the downward flick of the wrist, the weapon was "drawn" into play. I have seen a few during my time in the mid 70's and into the 80's, but haven't seen it since. You might want to look when you go to the Gun Shows, as I'm sure they're in the hands of some Collectors. There was a TV series called "Maveric" with James Gardner. Also "the Wild Wild West" with Robert Conrad, that both these Actors sometimes utilized the system during their perfomances. NOW I'm really showing my age LOL

I think the device you speak of was used in Desperado with Antonio Banderas, and was patterned after a device used by undercover cops. The one I saw would use a .32 NAA revolver like a Black widow or something of the sort as the profile and printing would not be problematic in a sport coat.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Assistant Administrator
    I have a NAA mini - and have wondered how well it might be employed this way - but - logistics stall at stage of trigger useage (and still thinking ot powder burns!!).
    Chris - P95

Talking

I've seen a few. Most were either C&R, NFA Title II AOW's, or both. The last one I saw in the movies was in a Steven Seagal movie. He was a gun collector in the movie (as he is in real life). Karl.
    Happiness is a warm UZI.
    UZI-World.

Assistant Administrator
    Karl - I have seen most Seagal movies - but must have missed the one to which you refer. Any chance you recall the title? I am just curious and if it's about gun collecting I wanna see it anyways!!
    Chris - P95

It's not "about" gun collecting. It just hints towards him being a collector, as do several of his movies. I'll dig it out this weekend and let you know the title and where the reference was. Karl.
    Happiness is a warm UZI.
    UZI-World.

Wink

OK, first, sorry it took so long to find but my 'puter DVD isn't working 100% so I had to use the family DVD player. That meant fighting off rugrats and soccer moms. :icon_twis It was in "Marked For Death". Exactly 12 minutes into the movie. He is at his sisters house in Chicago area. He walks upstairs into a bedroom that appears to have been his in years past. He sits at a small desk. On the wall behind him is a small gun collection. He removes one. Works on it.... That's the gun. It's kinda round shaped with a single barrel opposite the trigger mechanism. Neat old gun. I think it was a "gamblers item". Karl.
    Happiness is a warm UZI.
    UZI-World.

Assistant Administrator
    Karl - very many thanks for taking the trouble - certainly, one of his movies I have yet to see.... but have earmarked for future.

Thx again.
    Chris - P95

Wink

No problemo, I have about two dozen of 'em. I like action. Karl.
    Happiness is a warm UZI.
    UZI-World.

Sponsored Links