Defensive Carry banner

Stoeger’s Cougar 9mm

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rocky 
#1 ·
I just looked at one of these at a local shop. Anyone own one? Seemed like allot of gun for 349.

#2 ·
From what I understand they are made off of the old Beretta Couger tooling. They are a really nice gun, or at least they were when Berretta was making them. If I recall, it was one of their more sought after carry guns, especially the 45 version. Around here anyway.

If they are anything like the old ones, I might have to look into picking one up for that price.

#3 ·
#4 ·
My Cougar 40 cal is unbelieveable quality for the price, which was $285 a couple months ago. It would be well worth $340. In fact, if it had a price tag of $500 or $600 it would not appear out of line with the quality. It's 10 times the gun my KelTec was at just over $200.

#5 ·
Yes, I have been reading about the Cougar as well. 2 gun magazines in the past couple of months have had excellent reviews. I'd like to get one as well, if not just for the rotating lug barrel (not a browning type tilt barrel) the price is also a major factor. I believe one review states that the pistols are actually made from the same dies and machinery that the berettas were forged from and the same pistols bearing the Beretta name cost upwards of $600 no less than 10 years ago.

#7 ·
Just shot a Beretta Cougar 9mm today. shoots fine, and seems nice and light. If the Stogers are the same quality, you would be getting a fine pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.