XD users - Page 2

XD users

This is a discussion on XD users within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC is an XD40 Service. I carry IWB, and have no problems concealing it. If I bend at the waist, I will print slightly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XD users

My EDC is an XD40 Service. I carry IWB, and have no problems concealing it. If I bend at the waist, I will print slightly while wearing an untucked t-shirt as my cover garment. My XD has about 800-900 rounds through it without a malfunction of any kind. They are also a breeze to field strip and clean. You can't go wrong with any of these pistols.

I've been trying to come up with a dislike, and I finally got it:

It is so nice to shoot that I keep spending all my spare money on ammo!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i am also a huge XD fan. I own an xd45 service and a xd 9 service. I am not a fan of .40 as i think it provides too much muzzle flip and recoil for most pistols it is chambered in. so I usually only buy .45 or 9mm. just my opinion. I bought my xd45 just before the compact came out, and wish I would have waited a few more weeks!!! unbelievable firearms, and love instructing when my students have them, as you can see the loaded chamber indicator and cocked indicator practically anywhere on the firing line...very safe firearms.
    they have almost won me over from the 1911....I said almost.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I have had a XD 9mm Service for 5 years 2 barrels and over 10000 rounds with no problems. I now have an XD 45 compact and my wife conceals a XD 9mm SC with pearce extension. I wouldn't let my wife go out with a gun that I didn't trust 100%.

Only thing I plan on doing to mine is a trigger job eventually and I added Tru Glo TFO night sights. They are the best pistol sights I have seen. I have a set ordered for my Glock 29. they are very bright under any lighting condition.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

I've had my XD9 Service for about three years. I've got over 13,000 rounds through it (and it is all still original). It is accurate and reliable. I can rip of a 15 round burst in four to five seconds and still make a 5" group at 18 yards (not practical, but very fun, and nice stress relief!). It is more accurate than I am. I can shoot 3" groups at 20 yards with it.

Negatives:
    I have never had a jam except with Wolf ammo. With Wolf, I'll get a failure to eject about once every fifty rounds after the first hundred. It happily eats every other type of cheap ammo (PMC, S&B, WWB).

It is my nightstand gun. I trust my life to it. Should I encounter a home intruder after hours, it'll be my trusty XD (loaded with Golden Sabers) to defend my home. What more can I say?
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links