New Pocket Pistol = P3AT

This is a discussion on New Pocket Pistol = P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got the chrome version... paid a bit more than I should have at $310, but it was well worth it... I carry that little ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pocket Pistol = P3AT

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I got the chrome version... paid a bit more than I should have at $310, but it was well worth it... I carry that little SOB every day.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

2. Remove Ads

I picked up my Pete just this last weekend off someone trying to get rid of it at a local gun show. It was $230 for one with a parked slide and grey bottom that came with an extra mag and 20 rounds of Fed HydraShock HPs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    A friends wife saw mine, and she did some looking and wants one with a pink lower (GROSS!) Never seen one with a pink lower, hope I never do.

I paid $225 about two years ago.

I orderd a pocket holster from K&D. It was the pocket defender 2in1. However, I had the sew the leather pad to the holster, and remove the snaps. I always want the leather pad. It works great for the front pocket, and is very accessible.

http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/pdc.html

You will also want to go to KTOG and look at the fluff and buff section. My 3-AT is so polished, the feed ramp looks like a mirror, as well as the other recomended fluff and buff areas.

http://www.ktog.org

For Fluff and Buff:

http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks12a.htm

I love my 3-AT! I always carry it. Sometimes as a BUG and sometimes as a primary.

I concur. Go to KTOG.org, there is a plethora of information. With a little bit of sanding and polishing you can turn your crudely manufactured P3AT into a pretty little poistol.

I have a parkerized p3at with a black frame. I went as far as polishing the extractor and the serations in the slide and it looks damned sharp.

another good mod would be to get some silver or white touch up paint at an auto store and brush it on the rear and front sights. It makes them 10 times more visible in low light situations.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

I paid $285 for mine when they first came out. All black, I don't recall seeing any other option at the time. I also had a P32 that I bought about 6 years ago. I have since given it to a buddy.

I throw the P3AT in an ankle holster every now and again as a BUG. Personally, I will never carry anything less than 9mm or .38 as a primary.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    That pink is just WRONG!!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Love mine and my 642!! Steve48

get the kel tec belt clip and a uncle mikes pocket holster for small autos. hard to beat the belt clip.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

When I carry my .380 or the .32, it is always in a Fist kydex pocket holster...

Just came in between front and back grass cuttings...the KT P-3AT is in my pocket right now...

Nice gun...you'll love it!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ret - I just scoped out Fist's website and didn't see a kydex holster. The only pocket holster is the #5 made of leather. Does the kydex one look like the #5?
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

A coworker just picked up one of these last month...how are they? I don't think he's even shot it yet.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Mine's a blued G2 model with the dark grey/black frame. Had it about 18 months and paid $229 NIB at a gun show. The local shops are currently selling them for $260-$300. I haven't seen a chrome one, at least not in several years, even at gun shows. The last chromed K-T of any kind I saw around here was a P-11 at a gun show about a year ago. The dealer wanted $249 for it if I remember correctly.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    Mine's a blued G2 model with the dark grey/black frame. Had it about 18 months and paid $229 NIB at a gun show. The local shops are currently selling them for $260-$300. I haven't seen a chrome one, at least not in several years, even at gun shows. The last chromed K-T of any kind I saw around here was a P-11 at a gun show about a year ago. The dealer wanted $249 for it if I remember correctly.
    I have G2 chrome with the green polymer. Bought it about two months ago. Figured I better snatch it up because the chrome models are hard to find. I paid around $270 for mine.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member
    I paid $249 for mine and it was the best money I've spent on a gun. I've been thinking about getting a PPK/S to take its place just because I've always wanted one. But I really can't imagine not carrying the P3AT as a backup/deep concealment gun.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links