NEW Gun: CZ 75

NEW Gun: CZ 75

This is a discussion on NEW Gun: CZ 75 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got back from the Gun show today, Traded in my Tokarev for a really nice price on a CZ75 Will post pictures later if ...

Thread: NEW Gun: CZ 75

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar

NEW Gun: CZ 75 (added smalish range report)

Just got back from the Gun show today, Traded in my Tokarev for a really nice price on a CZ75 Will post pictures later if i can find a camera.

One problem though...picked up some extra magazines (15 round and 30 round) Neither fits at all but the origional does... they are from two different suppliers. Any ideas?

origional price was $390 and the out the door price with my trade in was $250.

Pictures will follow soon...but anybody have any info about these things?

It is a CZ75 with no other model number made in Czechoslovakia.

I am so very broke right now btw... going to be eating ramen noodles for a year.
    Last edited by Shadowsbane; May 9th, 2007 at 10:28 PM.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

is it a 75 or 75b i dont think the 75b mags will fit a 75 but someone more knowledgable on cz will come along and offer other ideals

CZ's are surprisingly good guns for the money.
    Does it have the decocker lever on it or just a safety?
    I have a CZ75 SP-01 myself.

What are the manufacter names of the high capacity magazines?
    Some do not work well and others need some modification.

Check out these sites.
    www.cz-zone.com
    www.czshooters.com
    www.czforum.com

Many knowledgable people there and if all else fails ask Matt Mink or Angus Hobdell.

No b on it only a safety and has a large hammer spur. And here are the pictures.... Also do not know the manufactures of the other mags. They are however identical to each other, but not to the one that works.

Model number of the 30 round one is mz 85

Also was told by the guy that I bought it from that it was a trade in from an police officer who lived in Israel. Not sure exactly if it is true, but looks like the gun was taken good care of.
    Last edited by Shadowsbane; May 6th, 2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added pictures and some more information.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

You have the pre B model. Other than the obvious differences in the trigger guard and hammer the pre B models don't have a firing pin safety.

Also in particular for you the pre B models magazines are slightly different. You probably have magazines for a "newer" B model.

From the CZ USA forum, http://czusa.com/community_bbs_frameset.php

Type A / Type B / �Transitional�:

This is probably the single most confusing aspect of CZ pistols. This distinction only affects the 75/85 series and refers to its evolution over time. By "75/85 series," I mean the CZ 75, CZ 85, and variants.

1) In 1975, the CZ 75 design was introduced. Actual production of this model began late in 1975. It is safe to say that this is the most famous CZ pistol. Originally chambered in 9x19 caliber (aka 9mm Parabellum, 9mm Luger, etc.), the CZ 75 was eventually also made available in 9x21 caliber (aka 9x21mm IMI). These pistols are distinct from current-production CZ 75Bs in several respects. They did not have a firing pin block safety device. They had spur hammers, rather than the current rounded style. They had a rounded, rather than square, trigger guard.

The original CZ 75 design had some internal improvements over time, mostly limited to the firing pin itself, and the external appearance changed very subtly a few times. At any rate, this design is now known as �Type A.� Type As in all their subtle variations were made from 1975-1993. Few Type As were imported into the U.S. through normal channels before 1991.

Thank you for all of your assistance. Turns out that the gun was made in 81 and therefore just about the only mag that will work for it is the factory ones.

Still have 1 15 rounder More than enough for defensive shooting for now. Probally going to take it out to the range tuesday or so. So I shall have a nice write up for it if I do end up going.

I think you will find that you love that pistol. Most of us CZ-75 owners do.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Nice find!!! I am im-patiently waiting for my new CZ75 Compact to arrive.....

Thumbs up

Very nice Shadow. Looks like this should be a good find. Let us know how it goes.

Range report

Took it out to the range yesterday (Sorry no camera pics)

Have to say I am very impressed with this gun.

Trigger was a bit long on the pull but very smooth and consistant.

It was very easy to operate the safety and the magazine release with my strong hand (left).

Did not get hit with any brass. Not a common feature with any auto I shoot.

Recoil was as harsh as a purring kitten.

Fired about 100 rounds and not a single problem of any kind.

All and all very accurate. Had a nice sub pieplate size grouping at 20 yards which for me is not bad on a pistol first time out.

Only complaint is that I can not find any cheap hi-cap mags for it. Loading 1 mag over and over again gets tiring...

Going again tommorrow and will be with people who own a camera so should get some picts up.

Try HERE the guy has 80 factory pre-B magazines for sale.

Cool, thank you very much

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Back in about 1987, the Heidelberg Rod & Gun Club had those for sale for $148.52.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying several (or even ONE)...

Senior Moderator
    Back in about 1987, the Heidelberg Rod & Gun Club had those for sale for $148.52.
    I remember them going in the Shotgun News for not much more than that. We had some discussion at work about them, no one knew much about them then. We figured that they had to be cheap guns for no more than they cost and the low price scared us off.

Man...were we ever wrong.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links