Stuck between an apple and an orange... - Page 3

Stuck between an apple and an orange...

This is a discussion on Stuck between an apple and an orange... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Euclidean That has spooked me something awful. Things like this are going to happen to you over time. You know, you meet ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    That has spooked me something awful.
    Things like this are going to happen to you over time. You know, you meet woman that could change your life, the lights are low, the music is soft, she looks into your eyes and you find that "it's easier to drag a rope than push it."

I've had some close calls on a motorcycle. I got hit by a taxi cab once. But I've enjoyed riding for almost 4 decades. You continue.

The 1911 is one of the finest, most accurate, quickest to reload and deadliest of all of the combat pistols ever invented. You should learn how to effectively use one.

Yes, that means mastering the 'manual of arms,' even in a crisis. That's stovepile drills, slap-rack-bang drills, tactical reloading, double and triple taps, cleaning and maintenance, Mozambique and 'speed rock' drills, and yes, learning to rest your thumb on the safety.

No body had to remind you to wipe your butt this morning (I hope). You've been doing it for so long you don't think about it. Get a good teacher and learn some muscle memory. You'll find why people keep going back to, and trusting their lives to a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Hi Bud
    Just a thought on my part for the P7.I know the factory re-finished and armoror reasted gun that are coming in from Germany might be a consideration.. there are some of the P7M8's that are coming thru for around 700.00 to 750.00
    That's a good deal actually.

And perhaps Tourist is right. Perhaps I should invest in the very thing I fear and loathe if for no other reason than to learn why I fear and loathe it.

And perhaps Tourist is right. Perhaps I should invest in the very thing I fear and loathe if for no other reason than to learn why I fear and loathe it.
    I nominate the Kimber. Be careful though, 1911's are very addictive.

Yes Euc....that may be the VERY thing you should do. Take a look at that Combat Commander report I posted. They ARE VERY DEADLY. I picked that gun up and just started blasting away. Functions without a hitch. I've had many Colts and Colt Clones, and they feel right at home in my hands. VERY natural feel and pointability as well. The P7 is also a very well made piece to. You can find them for reasonable prices now, and they don't have any slide stops, or very sharp edges to get caught on your clothing. The ONLY thing I detest, is the "American Mag release, as it is an Ambi style, and somehow might catch your clothing and spit your mag out onto the floor. The Euro mag release is unique, BUT the gun a a bit smaller as well via the trigger guard. I've carried my P7 (PSP) and P7M8's and they function flawlessly.. tough decision you have , but lots of good advice from your buddies here..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links