Seecamp

This is a discussion on Seecamp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered LWS 32 Seecamp. What do you think I ought to buy ammo wise. What about a pocket holster? I have to wait three ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seecamp

Seecamp

Just ordered LWS 32 Seecamp. What do you think I ought to buy ammo wise. What about a pocket holster? I have to wait three monthes till it is delivered. Is there another inexpensive gun that couth take its place for the next three months?

2. Remove Ads

I highly recommend a K&D backpocket holster. Kevin does outstanding work that just oozes with quality.
    Kevin is on the forums with us as the K-man. Check it out...
    http://www.kdholsters.com/
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Holster

Pocket Defender
    Convertible 2-in-1 Pocket Defender
    (for Snub Nose Revolvers)
    s that this one?

Quote Originally Posted by matdicdad View Post
    Is there another inexpensive gun that couth take its place for the next three months?
    KelTec P32 will keep you going for three months, they run about $250 or less.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Well, I think the Seecamps originally were designed for Winchester Silvertips, but I believe the newer ones can fire other HPs.

If you're looking for an inexpensive gun to tide you over, I'd suggest looking at one of the Kel Tecs.

I highly recommend a pocket holster, even if you don't put anything else in your pocket (Which you shouldn't anyways). It'll keep the gun in the same position & will/should cover the trigger. I think any of the custom holster makers on this forum can make you a very nice one, at least the ones that do make them. Personally, I've had Nate at UBG holsters make 2 pocket holsters for me. I've seen a total of 4 of his holsters personally, & I swear each one's better than the last one.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

curious... why seecamp and not NAA ???

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Info

Thanks. That is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Any one else?

Why not, are you a fan of the Guardian?

just curious....

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Seecamp

Lighter weight. I have two guns for carry. Both are too heavy. To me weight is a big deal.

no...I'm just curious why the seecamp over the naa... no big deal really. Just for my own info if one is more problematic versus another.

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    no...I'm just curious why the seecamp over the naa... no big deal really. Just for my own info if one is more problematic versus another.
    I've handled both, and own the Seecamps. I give credit to LWS for putting real R&D into his guns- he's cutting the .380 in the same frame, exactly the same size as the .25 & .32 Seecamps. His were the first, and they are being improved and updated on orders of magnitude, not just "modified". That's not just filling a market niche. Pricey, but until they come out with the "Wolverine Adamantium" frames, I don't think we'll see any smaller/lighter .380s.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'm not sure one picks one over the other because of reliability. I think they both are. I believe the Seecamps are lighter, though.

I believe the Seecamp is what NAA originally patterned their guardians off of. I think the Rohrbaughs are also patterned after the Seecamps, for that matter.

Why not have the origianal that everyone's copying.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    curious... why seecamp and not NAA ???
    Well, I don't know why matdicdad preferred the Seecamp over the NAA Guardian, but I can tell you why I hope to purchase a Seecamp in the next couple of weeks.

I have owned my NAA Guardian for years. In fact it's an "AA" series. I had to send it back for service once very early and since then it's been excellent.

I have owned my KelTec P32 for a couple of years. It has required no trips back for anything and is excellent.

Both the Guardian and the KT function perfectly, and offer approximately the same accuracy at self defense range.

I am well satisfied with both pistols, and don't plan to part with either of them. In fact my wife has confisticated the KT for herself because it is so light.

The reason I want a Seecamp is simply that sometimes you want what is considered the "best" of anything. For years the Seecamp has had that reputation in it's caliber nitch, and I want to see what the fuss is all about. Additionally, since the release of the 380cal Seecamp (@$800+), the prices of the 32cal Seecamps has dropped to the $400 range, which is still close to the original retail price, and is now very near the price of a comparable NAA Guardian.

I don't think there is much justification for choosing the Seecamp over the Guardian other than just "wanting one".. I want one.

I will have the advantage of shooting and comparing my new Seecamp directly against my Guardian and my KelTec. IF the new Seecamp offers anything substantial over the others it'll be my new cc mousegun. The "something" I'm looking for might be as minor as the way it looks, feels, or gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling for no other reason. I expect it to be as accurate (more or less, it has NO sights as compared to the others) at self defense range, and it must be reliable.

For example, most folks simply do not need a turbocharged vehicle. Most just simply don't get much use out of it. But some folks WANT a turbo anyway, just because. I'm one of them. No logic involved thank you.

I have read where the Seecamp is a little "jewel", and extremely well made. I want one.

When I bought my Guardian years ago the Seecamps were being scalped at twice the retail price, and there was a waiting list 2 years long. Circumstances have changed and I can get one now for around $400 and have one in a few weeks. But basically, I just want one.

Now you know.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy
    Last edited by Laserlips; May 9th, 2007 at 06:36 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    NAA offers custom serial numbers on their firearms, as well. The cost is $50 per Guardian, or $25 per revolver.

http://www.naaminis.com/cshop4.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links