Sig addiction?

This is a discussion on Sig addiction? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SIXTO, I'm surprised for some reason that you praise Sigs but then carry a Glock. That sounds too much like me- like one thing and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig addiction?

VIP Member
    SIXTO, I'm surprised for some reason that you praise Sigs but then carry a Glock. That sounds too much like me- like one thing and use another.

I think I may just head to the friendly gun shop and see what they have in stock. I think everyone has convinced me to have both- even though I was hoping to be talked out of the Sig I think I like this answer better.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

2. Remove Ads

I think that you will regret getting rid of your G23. Sigs are great guns. I have a P228 in 9mm that I shoot really well. But I do not carry it often. My G23 is lighter and holds that same amount of ammo in .40 S&W.

Some time ago Mike (Sig239) posted some side by side photos of a G23 and a Sig 239. He went above and beyond to answer one of my questions by posting several very helpful pics. If you do a search with his screen name I'm sure you could find the thread. It shows that there is not much difference in size between the two. And his was a 9mm I believe. A .40 S&W 239 would be a little thicker.

Good luck.

P.S. : KEEP THE 23.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Senior Moderator
    Some advice...

NEVER trade a gun you like off for another gun.
    At some point in time you will regret it.

Just buy the gun that you want and keep the one that you have.

Sure...it may take you awhile to collect the funds, but you'll be better off in the long run.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HG has it right. Don't trade it. I sold my P220 to fund another purchase (I wasn't big on the DA/SA trigger and didn't want a "learner" in my armory that early in my shooting career). I've regretted the sale ever since. I'll be picking up another P220 either in DAK (if I find one for the right price) or in traditional DA/SA once I get used to it - I'm going to get a CZ-75 to learn on(9mm - good enough for defense, cheap enough to learn on).

Okay. Back to the topic at hand. Yet another reason to pick the Sig over the Glock: Have you seen the P220 Equinox? That is one sweet looking pistol. Functional too. A deadly work of ART. Anyways, Sixto (and most everyone else) has it right. Keep the Glock, and get the Sig. The Glock'll make a good nightstand/bad weather gun. If you've got the cash, get one of the SAS models. They're specially designed for CCW- from custom grips with the right balance of grip and slick, to the melted edges.

Have you noticed I dig the P220? I like my full-sized .45's! Good luck with your decision, be safe and have fun shopping!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Assistant Administrator
    But the Sig just feels so "right" in my hand.
    That is as they say - ''the way it can go''

My EDC = SIG 226 ST .... and most used SIG for range shooting is 228. 220 also has its place - - - love emall
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I think I'll keep the 23 and end up buying a P229 in .40 to be an EDC, unless I can find a LNIB or CPO 228-which is what I think I really want.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Personally - I would not consider them by Name Brand. Find a several good quality guns, then get what fits your had the best. If the Sig fits your hand the best, then get it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links