Sig addiction?

Sig addiction?

This is a discussion on Sig addiction? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I decided I wanted a 9mm again. I had gotten rid of everything other than 40 S&W in auto pistols (other than the P3AT ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig addiction?

VIP Member

Sig addiction?

So I decided I wanted a 9mm again. I had gotten rid of everything other than 40 S&W in auto pistols (other than the P3AT that is) and ended up missing the cheap, soft shooting 9mm. I ended up picking up a P226 and think I may be in love. I am looking for someone to talk me out of trading my daily carry Glock 23 for a compact Sig. Anyone have a good reason to stay with the Glock? I love the gun- I swore I would always own a 23. But the Sig just feels so "right" in my hand.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Paging Sixto...

Anyway, why do you want to be talked out of getting another Sig?
    Sigs are good.

I'm not going to try to talk you out of it, but I'll recommend the P239 in .40 instead. You could always check out the new P220 Compact in .45 ACP. You'll have that next Sig before you realize it.

VIP Member
    If it was me I'd get the sig and keep the glock for a backup or rough use gun, such as inclement wx.

I love the feel of my sig 239 (.357) but I have gone to a glock 23 for EDC.

Come to think of it, I don't know why i went to the plastic. Maybe I'll carry the 239 for the rest of the week.

I am totally prejudiced on this issue. In my personal experience I have had neutral to negative experiences with Glock and nothing but love for Sig. (My view might change with more exposure to Glock but the ones I shot, I shot just enough to decide I don't like them. )
    I really like my 226 but flat out LOVE my 228!

Senior Moderator
    Ive got some Sigs.
    a 220,225,2 226's and a 239.

I like the 225 best for concealed carry...the 239 is a bit short for my big hands. I am considering getting a 229 however.

Whatever you choose....Sigs are great.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    The reason I said I would get rid of the Glock is because I have decided somewhere along the line that being a "collector" wasn't for me. I only want guns that I expect to use for some purpose. The Glock 23 is my EDC. If I decide to go Sig for that purpose, I don't have a use for the Glock. I don't see a need to have a special weapon for the rain or other bad weather. If I can't trust a gun in the rain I can't trust it in the sun. And the finish of a gun doesn't really concern me. Maybe I'll go get my hands on some of the compact Sigs and see how they feel. One thing is sure, the next Sig- if there is one, will be in .40 Short & Weak. I wanted 9mm to play with but when it comes to defending myself or those I love I've done my research and .40 is where I want to stay. (Unless the gun has a wheel- in which case it is .357.)
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Well, I'll play Devil's Advocate - The Sig is heavier, carries one less round of .40S&W, and - in the traditional DA/SA configuration - has a slightly more complicated manual of arms then the Glock.

That being said, Sigs are sweeeeeeet shooters, in my experience. Not as utilitarian as the Glock, but certainly in the same league as far as fighting efficiency goes.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    The reason I said I would get rid of the Glock is because I have decided somewhere along the line that being a "collector" wasn't for me. I only want guns that I expect to use for some purpose.
    There is something to be said for having a backup EDC gun in case your primary breaks (or you have to use it and the police take it as evidence). Of course, that could just be a reason to buy two SIGs.

VIP Member
    That is a good point. I've always thought of a full sized gun as my backup EDC gun. But, I could easily say the Glock is the backup and get a Sig to carry. That is a really good point. I guess it may be what I end up doing. That would also give me a good reason to keep the Glock 23 holster, which is my favorite piece of leather I've ever had.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Both are great! Speaking from experience- because i've had this discussion with myself multiple times- Keep the G23. Buying a Sig is just fine but if you get rid of the G23 then you'll want to buy another one in six months (or six weeks.) Nobody here can say it's a bad thing to have too many guns!

Just my .02 Tryin' to help a brother out.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Paging Sixto...
    I'm here...

I love my Sigs, I have lots of them. My EDC at work is a 220, and I carry one of my 228's often. I think the Sig is a better made gun than Glock, and given a choice, I'd choose a Sig every time.

With all that said, I always come back to carrying a Glock after hours.
    I don't know why, but I do. Maybe its because they are so simple, they work, and they are relatively cheap. They start out ugly, so if I scratch them up use them and abuse them its no worse than when I started. If I mess up my Sig, I'm going to be pissed at myself.

IMNSHO, a Glock is a must have go to gun. I would keep the 23, cause you will go out and buy another if you sell off yours.
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 9th, 2007 at 06:07 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIGs fit me better than glocks and I therefore shoot SIGs better than glocks. Plus I like the manual of arms for a SIG over any handgun. And I think they are sexier than socks on a rooster!!! Yes my name is Dave and I'm an addict.
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    If you look in my profile, you'll see my carry is listed as P220ST, however, when I am lightly dressed or desire a smaller gun on board I strap on one of the GLOCKs....
    As a matter of fact, I'm wearing my G29 right now IWB....
    I do have a P239 on .40, but I havent shot that one in a long time....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links