Para Ordnance P16 10mm auto conversion? - Page 2

Para Ordnance P16 10mm auto conversion?

This is a discussion on Para Ordnance P16 10mm auto conversion? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dan Wesson ??...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Para Ordnance P16 10mm auto conversion?

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Dan Wesson ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
    Any particular reason you wouldn't just go with the Glock 29? It's a great weapon and very easily concealed. Custom guns are cool and all but just curious.
    If I were to go with a Glock, it'd be a Glock 20.

That said, Glocks just don't do it for me. Something about the way they're shaped, the angle of the grip, feels weird in my hands.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

VIP Member
    I don't see any mention of EAA here. European American Armory has 10mm in both their full-sized and compact steel versions. IIRC srfl has a EAA in 10mm. He is a big 10mm fan and will probably post on this thread before the night is over.

If you can find one I have to recommend the Smith&Wesson 1066 or 1076. They are outstanding firearms. I carry one everyday.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

The 1006 intrigues me. Shame it's a single stack mag, though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    The 1006 intrigues me. Shame it's a single stack mag, though.
    I like single stacks myself. My 1066 has 9+1.

Just checked for the fun of it. The EAA Witness fullsize is 15+1 and the compact is 12+1.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Ok then. What's your opinion of the Witness guns? They just seem too good to be true; double stack, 10mm auto, 1911, for under $500 brand new MSRP? Something's not right...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Ok then. What's your opinion of the Witness guns? They just seem too good to be true; double stack, 10mm auto, 1911, for under $500 brand new MSRP? Something's not right...
    Everything I hear about them is good, but I do not own one. srfl has at least one Witness and I believe it is a 10mm. He has to travel sometimes with his job and isn't on for a day or so. Hopefully he will come in today and see this thread. You might want to drop him a PM. When I first got my 1066 he posted some info on my thread. We have discussed 10mm in the moderator area and by PM a couple of times. He will tell you about the Witness no doubt.

I keep looking at the Witness in .38 Super because I want a .38 Super and like how the Witness looks and feels.
    George

VIP Member
    Hi there.

I've owned a Witness 10mm (full-sized, steel frame blue) and traded it off like an idiot for an HK USP. I now have have a Witness .38 Super (full-sized, Wonderfinished) which is a wonderful gun in a great caliber....but it ain't no 10mm. Nonetheless, here she is:

Witnesses are notoriously undersprung (14 Lbs). If you get one, get a set a Wolff springs (at least the 18 Lbs....but the 20 Lbs. would be better if you are firing a steady amount of full-power 10mm; I have no experience with their 22 Lbs. springs). I mated the 18 Lbs. springs to Alan Duggers' great Sprinco recoil reduction device ( http://www.sprinco.com/ ). The reduction in perceived recoil in adding this and the Wolff springs made for a wonderfully low-recoil-impulse 10mm....even with 135 to 165 grain Double Tap 10mm loads.

Just to let you know, I did have a problem with my Witness 10mm, but it should have been a fixable problem; I haven't had the same issues with my Witness .38 Super. I posted those problems on 10mmTalk.com ( http://www.10mmtalk.com/index.php?sh...710&hl=witness )

Here's Freakshow10mm's original Para-Ord conversion thread:
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...t=witness+10mm

Here's a response of a few months back by Robert Hunter, a 10mm conversion guru and gunsmith (and the same smith Freakshow10mm used to convert his Para-Ord), to my inquiry regarding converting those Tac-Forty Para-Ords:
    XXXXX,
    I do not recommend doing a 10mm conversion on any LDA pistol. There's not enough frame rail on the right hand side of the gun.
    Also I would not use a PXT extractor gun for a 10mm conversion.
    Regards
    R E (Bob) Hunter
    www.huntercustoms.com
    By the way, I also have a S&W 1006 and 1066. Those are outstanding 10mm guns. Change the springs out regularly, and I have no doubt they'll last past my lifetime even while fed with regular amounts of full-power 10mm.

I really like 1911 10mm and own a Dan Wesson Patriot Experimental with a stainless frame and blued steel slide. Another 10mm winner in my book.

I do need to add a couple of Glocks to my 10mm collection.

Enjoy.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links