kel-tec vs. naa guardian

kel-tec vs. naa guardian

This is a discussion on kel-tec vs. naa guardian within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a pocket gun. I,am not sure what to get, was thinking the p32at or gauardian 380 fron naa. I like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kel-tec vs. naa guardian

kel-tec vs. naa guardian

I am looking for a pocket gun. I,am not sure what to get, was thinking the p32at or gauardian 380 fron naa. I like the looks of the naa but it is heavier at 21oz. loaded to 14oz for the kel-tec! The kel-tec feels very cheap to my like i will break it or it will break with use. The price differnts is about $100-$150 but not that big off deal. what do you guys/girls think. The one local gun shop owned buy cop will not sell kel-tec or taurus for that matter. They say if they can't stand behind it they will not sell them!

I have a kel-tec. I've beat that gun more than a hammer. I don't think you need to worry about breaking it. They have a lifetime garrantee anyway.

A buddy sent his back and asked them if they could do anything about the accuracy and they put a brand new slide and barrel on it free of charge! He got it back in 2 1/2 weeks.
    Being peaceful does not guarantee peace, strength and a willingness to commit violence when needed does.

Being peaceful does not guarantee peace, strength and a willingness to commit violence when needed does.

Administrator
    Hands down keltec. Its not going to win any contests, but its good for its intended use.
    As others pointed out, Keltec has pretty good service and there is a huge following for their products.
    I have had a P32 for a long time now, it never had any issues except when I got it far to dirty.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'll vote Kel-Tec too!! I love em. There inexpensive and reliable. Not to mention they own the concealed carry market. For instance, a 6.6oz 32acp.........unheard of, a 12.7oz---8 shot 9mm...........unthinkable to most gun manufacturers, and a 16oz--13shot 9mm.............one of a kind. I like the way they think...outside the box. Plus, now I can keep my Colts nice and cozzy tucked away in the safe!!
    Last edited by ak-kev; May 10th, 2007 at 09:10 PM.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

I just shot my P3AT tonight, for my money it beats the hell out of a NAA .380. Granted you won't be able to win any beauty contests or bullseye competitions with it, but you'll have it with you when you need it most and it'll fire all 7 rounds into COM if you do your part. Not a bad package at all.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

kel tec is the way to go. look at the p3at. if it breaks, kel tec will fix it free.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'd go for the lighter Kel Tec, too. But if I was considering the P32, I'd just get the P-3AT. It's literally the same size, a tad heavier, still at 8 oz. or so, & a .380.

If money's not an issue & you were considering NAAs, why not check out a Seecamp? They're lighter than the NAA, very reliable, & well built.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Keltec is going to win out on this forum. They are well liked. I was in your boat a couple months ago. I could not bring myself to buy a Keltec, I tried several times, but it simply felt like a piece of junk in my hand. I read about all the fluffing and buffing I needed to do to make a Keltec reliable, albeit the newer ones are supposedly better than the old ones. Sure Keltec will fix it but I didn't want to have to keep sending a gun back to the factory to be fixed or repaired as it should have come from the factory not needing anything but firing. I looked at the Seecamp and Naa Guardian in both 32ACP and 380, I found very little difference in velocity out of these small barrels. I found a barely fired Guardian G32 with factory gutter sniping and night sights. This gun is a awesome Pocket gun. I carry it in a Nemisis holster and the weight is not even noticable. I have this gun with me at all times, 98% it is my BUG but when going to Church and other places where I can't carry my G23 it becomes my primary gun. NAA has a incredible warranty, just like Keltec. I did need a new mag release button, one was sent out no quesions asked at no cost to me. My night sites were a little dim, I emailed the owner of NAA and Sandy himself replied and asked me to send them the slide. In less than 10 days the slide was returned with brand new night sights and two free magazines that sell for $25 each!! Now that is customer service. The gun's fit and finish is awesome and it feels like a quality piece in my hand and the best part is it goes bang EVERY time I pull the trigger, with no fluffing or buffing needed. In this day in age economy will win out over quality, make the decision that is best for you, not what everyone else is doing. Here is a pic of my G32.

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

KelTec P3AT - just buy it!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

New Member Array PocketProtector's Avatar
    P3-AT gets my vote. Locked Breach, feather light, .380, easy to shoot, drop safe, accurate, easy follow up shots and priced right.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    If you want one any time soon, you should get the KT. The .380 is gonna take a while to get from NAA, unless you can find it somewhere that has it in stock, doubtful.

I'll be getting the .32 ACP from NAA in a few weeks. Will also get the .32NAA caliber one when they begin producing them in house. 6 months or so.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

i found someone localy that does have the naa 380

I didn't do any fluff and buff on mine and it's only not fired once in about 2,000 rounds. The very first casing stove piped. Shortest break in period I've ever had. It cycles everything I've put in it and groups well to.

I can't comment on the keltec but I have a NAA and I like it. I have the 32 acp, its small light and carries well in my back pocket, I just cary it without a holster but I am looking at a K&D 2 in 1 with the gripper option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links