Springfield XD subcompact 45 ACP

This is a discussion on Springfield XD subcompact 45 ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is everyones opinion of this pistol,I'm thinking of getting one?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD subcompact 45 ACP

Springfield XD subcompact 45 ACP

What is everyones opinion of this pistol,I'm thinking of getting one?

2. Remove Ads

Never heard of a XD-45 "Sub" Compact, There is an XD-45 Compact that is a service model (4" bbl) and a compact grip or "officers grip". To my knowledge SA does not make a Sub Compact 45.

If you are talking about the XD-45 Compact then yea, that is a nice weapon. I actually just bought one that hasn't come in yet (Teusday) but I have fondled them as well as shot them and they are pretty sweet. This is coming from a 1911 guy too, so I sometimes think all triggers and feel of a gun should be as nice and the XD to me actually is or is as close as it can be, I was surprised.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

The Springfield XD .45 ACP does not come in the subcompact 3" version.

The XD .45 ACP only comes in the 4" service/compact model with a 10 round compact magazine and a 13 round extended magazine which they advertise as two guns in one (compact and service).

The "tactical" model 5" XD does come in .45 GAP but that is not the same round as the ACP.

The XD subcompact 3" only comes in 9mm and .40 cal.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php

I just bought an XD9sc in OD green and with Big Dot tritium night sights but it has not arrived yet. (60 days).

I have shot the 4" XD compact and really love it.
    Last edited by Bark'n; May 12th, 2007 at 08:46 PM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Well, the compact XD45 is still a big gun at 7.3", there are smaller .45s, & sub-compact .45s with shorter barrles.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

If you mean the "Compact", love it. King of the hybrids.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I don't think you will go wrong with the XD. I have the .45 ACP in the Service model and am thinking seriously about getting the Compact model as well. The budget request is before the appropriations committee right now.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Quote Originally Posted by Spionen View Post
    I don't think you will go wrong with the XD. I have the .45 ACP in the Service model and am thinking seriously about getting the Compact model as well. The budget request is before the appropriations committee right now.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Held the Compact 45 for the first time yesterday and if I wasnt getting a 1911 soon then it would be on the shelf of my gunsafe or on my waist. It is a very neat pistol and as soon as my friend buys his, I'm gonna get to see how it shoots, LOL (Gotta love when a friend buys a new pistol).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Moderator
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get the compensator slits on the slide and the holes in the barrel of the subcompact XD in .40?

If that's the case (which I believe it is but I might be confusing the XD with the S&W M&P (after awhile they all start to look alike)), you could get the subcompact .40 (which does have a bit more kick to it than the .45) and then get the compensator cuts in the slide and barrel to compensate for the recoil.

But then again, I may be completely talking out of my butt and be talking about an entirely different gun.. It's possible... I'm tired...

Lima...

Porting is not one of the options offered at Springfields Custom Shop on the XD, but I'm sure a company like Mag-Na-Port International would be happy to do it on the XD.

http://www.magnaport.com/
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I picked up an XD45 compact Friday and made my first trip to the range today. 125 rounds and not a single hiccup of any kind. The trigger feels just a little gritty but I think that will smooth out with some more rounds through it. I love being able to switch from compact grip to full length. It looks like it is going to conceal well with the short grip. The only problem I had with it is when switching between the full length mag and short mag it changed my point of impact on the target at 25 yards.At 15 or 7 yards it was not noticeable. I am shooting about three inches low with the full length mag at 25 yards. Looks like I may have to work on my grip a little. All in all I really like this pistol. If it continues to function as well as it did today it will become my EDC. I hope this helps with your decision.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Lima...

Porting is not one of the options offered at Springfields Custom Shop on the XD, but I'm sure a company like Mag-Na-Port International would be happy to do it on the XD.

http://www.magnaport.com/
    Looks like they are?
    http://www.xdpistols.com/item/58049_..._9MM_4_Po.aspx
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

i have the 4" in .45 and have no problem with them.

jeep45238...

I was only going by the .pdf Custom Work Order sheet supplied by Springfield Armory list of custom work done in their custom shop.

The website you listed www.xdpistols.com ? is that part of Springfield Armory or a custom shop who does work on XD's?

Anyways... there is certainly no problem finding a place to do good "porting" on the XD.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

I've no clue, was just doing research price wise for my next investment and found that website.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links