New 45 - Page 2

New 45

This is a discussion on New 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Kimber Custom II and currently have run about 500 rounds through it. I have not had a single failure and from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 45

I recently purchased a Kimber Custom II and currently have run about 500 rounds through it. I have not had a single failure and from the box point of aim = point of impact up to 25 yards which is the most distant target I have tried. With night sights I paid about $715 + tax and I think, so far, one of the best investments in defense weaponry I have ever made. YMMV...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

It really doesn't matter which 1911 you buy the first time, its when you are buying your tenth one that you have to start being selective. You will find that you can never have just one. I have 6 and want 20 more at least just don't have the money, am waiting for the Lotto then I can have one of each model of each maker, after that I just buy each new model as it comes out.

Save up a couple hundred extra bucks over your $1000 and get a Les Baer. Either that or the Springfield G.I. for $459. I always try to do things right the first time, and not have regrets later. It seems to work pretty well.

I've been looking at a couple kimbers, and Im liking the Pro Carry in Stainless. My first gut instinct was to go with the Sig GSR, Im thinking I might just pick one up a cross my fingers that it won't have any problems. Decisions like this are hard, its not like picking up a new glock that I know won't have any problems. Not bad mouthing 1911's, I just don't know what Im getting into tell I own one.

Les Baer. Les Baer. Les Baer.

Les is more.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Another + for the Springer. My Mil-Spec is just about faultless. I wanted a 1911 that I could use hard and not feel bad about the bruises and bumps it would aquire. It is adequatley accurate, and runs well clean or dirty. Plus, Springfield has awesome customer service.
    Regards, Rick

COLT .45 and Ugly Bald Guy holster! It don't get no better than this, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwaddicted View Post
    I don't want a Colt because everyone has one.
    lol - there's a reason for that!....and the name inherently gives it away. That said...springer and kimber have treated me well as well.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links