At the range this morning

This is a discussion on At the range this morning within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been working on remodeling house for the past 4 weekends so the outing to Gun Store and range this morning made for a good ...

Thread: At the range this morning

At the range this morning

I've been working on remodeling house for the past 4 weekends so the outing to Gun Store and range this morning made for a good day. I carried my XD.40 and my wife's bersa. Just watching the yeah-hoo's come in out while waiting my turn was worth the trip. Anyway, I've been wanting to branch out from the XD and look at .45 something. I love the Kimber ProCarry II. But with our first child due in August the purse strings are a little tight. Can anyone suggest something similar to ProCarry that is in a lower price range. Otherwise I'll just have to keep saving my change and wait until next year or wait till the wife isn't looking.

Thanks
    Josh

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Josh - I believe now there is a Bersa .45 compact - and if it is as OK as my UC9 Bersa - it could be worth a look at a very good price . I am guessing but $350 could cover it easily.

I am guessing too - it will look similar as well ..........

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Josh: I like the Pro Carry II too! This Para is similar--a little heavier but the same length. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/11449

While it's lots more than that Bersa compact, this price is $100-150 less than the Kimber. Plus there are several really good 1911s which run lower still. If you poke around on the Bud's website, you'll find a SA milspec in the mid 500s (I can't remember exactly) and some others. You might also shop for something used. I picked-up my Kimber Ultra Carry II, like new, in a local shop for something like 575.00 out the door. Anyhow, congratulations on the coming happy event.

Lead Moderator
    Springfield Armory might be a bit cheaper, depending on the features you want or can live without.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links