motorcycle carry - Page 3

motorcycle carry

This is a discussion on motorcycle carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IOriginally Posted by longtrain58 I carry the PT140 in a position that i can draw with my left hand and still control the throttle and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: motorcycle carry

IOriginally Posted by longtrain58
    I carry the PT140 in a position that i can draw with my left hand and still control the throttle and front brake lever with the right.

I have been looking through many different holster sights for a PT145 MP holster (prefer kydex if anyone has suggestions) and something I can use while riding. I did see one that made sence for off hand draw but still allowed strong hand draw too. It was a double shoulder holster. Yes 2 guns. Who needs an extra mag when you have an extra gun. However, i have looked at so many sights today that i cant remember which one it was but you can do a Google search and should be able to find it.

I know Sam Andrews and survival sheath both make dual-gun shoulder rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by longtrain58 View Post
    i can draw with my left hand and still control the throttle and front brake lever with the right.
    But seriously, Tom Cruise aside, shooting from a moving motorcycle seems to be a very bad idea. If you're in/on a vehicle which is still capable of moving, you should be getting away from a dangerous situation, not trying to shoot one-handed from a moving vehicle at a presumably moving target. Any motorcycle should be able to scoot you away from danger at a decent clip.

You're not going to get effective fire while riding, and (maybe more importantly) you're not going to be able to ride effectively while firing. And if your antagonist is driving as well, his fire won't be very effective, nor will his driving, so you should take advantage of this to get the hell away. (Esp. if your antagonists are also on motorcycles, like your 1%ers.) Your gun isn't going to mean a thing, nor will you retain it, if you're holding it in one hand and drop the bike on top of you or go over the handlebars.

Just my two cents, and I've been brainwashed by the US government, but they train us drivers to keep driving until the vehicle can't go anymore. Then it's time to think about using the gun, if you're still alive and conscious.

can do easily

I have no problem riding my harley with an IWB rig called The Answer.

I carry a XD45C in it comfortably for hours and hours. I just carry it under an untucked shirt.

steve

How about a belly-bag?

I'm thinking of the purchase of a new GoldWing especially if the gas prices continue to rise as they seem to have been lately. It's a bike I've always wanted. It seems to me the windshield and fairing set up of the 'Wing might make more conventional carry easier as there should be less "active air" whipping my cover garment away and displaying the piece. That's my perception, anyway. If I got a Harley Lowrider, it'd have to be something entirely different.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    I have no problem riding my harley with an IWB rig called The Answer.

I carry a XD45C in it comfortably for hours and hours. I just carry it under an untucked shirt.

steve
    Got a link for that rig?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry tank bag, pocket, or ankle. Usually front pocket (J frame 340PD).

My Two 'Buds'...Kimber and Harley...

I just use an IWB strong side for my Ultra...I'm not worried much about drawing and riding...
    If I get into something that could require both...I want to focus upon staying on two wheels (four...if I have my training wheels on...)

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have been looking for a bike and I have thought about this same issue. I noticed there are several types of leather jackets out there that have a zipper front pocket that is right inside the front of the jacket near the chest area. Similar to the military issued gortex jackets that have the 2 hiden velcrow pockets in front right inside the zipper. I believe I will be carrying in one of these jackets.

Hope that description was not too confusing.
    Things happen, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day is what you do during and after in order to survive.

VIP Member
    glembe,

I have a tanker holster I use while at home on the tractor or four-wheeler. It works great when wearing overalls or shorts without a belt.... I never thought about using it under my leather vest while riding. Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try..........

Mines not as pretty as yours....it's been well used (you can tell by the stains).....& it's a left handed version.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

here is the site for tucker

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/answer.html

here is another good holster maker.

http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html

Both are very comfortable.....

steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links