motorcycle carry

motorcycle carry

This is a discussion on motorcycle carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i will be getting a ccw soon, and am trying to decide how to carry concealed while riding. any suggestions?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: motorcycle carry

motorcycle carry

i will be getting a ccw soon, and am trying to decide how to carry concealed while riding. any suggestions?

They sell fanny packs for your motorcycle that goes in the tank if not a nice vest with an inside holster works....thats what I use when I ride..
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I'd prefer the horizontal shoulder rig when I carry on the bike..........A belt holster would either print, or ride open when your jacket rises up when the arms are stretched out.. You'd probably never know it, BUT I wouldn't chance it, being seen by a passing motorist or LEO in his patrol car....
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Assistant Administrator
    Class3's comment is valid - but I find that a thin long shirt or vest, even if under leathers .... takes care of my EDC OWB. Mind you I ride a cruiser so am more upright sitting than on a crotch rocket!

We have had discussion before on options for biking - no links to hand but a search could well bring up a good thread or two.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I carry in a front pocket holster.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I carry every one of my 15K miles a year on my Harley. During the winter I use a horizontal shoulder rig but during the summer I wear a in the pants holster with an untucked t-shirt under my vest. Depending on the pistol you carry and the way you dress will make that determination.

If your on a sports bike, the wearing of the breathing coats is common, even in the heat of a Texas summer. My typical dress is jeans, t-shirt untucked with a muscle (I) shirt under it to keep the pistol off my skin and a leather vest. The only time I have problems is if just wearing a t-shirt and you have to make a concious decision to tuck it under your behind or the shirt will ride up and expose your pistol.

I also use my UC Comfort t-shirt holsters if I'm wearing a button up shirt (even a sleveless one) and it rides well and is accessable.

Good luck and keep the shinny side up and rubber down.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I use a Desantis apache ankle holster for my sub-compact XD 40.
    It works very well and comfortable. With boot cut jeans, my friends
    never can tell if I carry or not.

While a lot of the threads I have read over the years about carrying on a motorcycle deal specifically with 'how' to carry without the weapon being exposed, here is something else to consider..... how fast can you get to your weapon ?

Why do I ask ?

Here's why: http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...b-5c5e344bf80d

Reading the above article just might make some reconsider their method of carrying..... for example, an ankle holster would be a tad bit difficult in the scenario mentioned in the story.

I bought my first Harley when i came back from Vietnam in 1970. Been on them pretty much ever since. I always wear a vest, either a denim one or a leather one, depending on the weather. My preference is a shoulder holster under the vest, but here is another pretty good alternative:

http://coronadoleather.com/

A little pricey, but then again, so is just about any decent holster rig.

I ride and carry, have for over twenty years.

It depends on where I'm going and how long I will be riding as to where I pack the iron. If it's a long road trip I use a vertical Shoulder Holster. Around town I carry IWB with a J-Frame in my off-side jacket pocket. I also do this when I'm using the shoulder holster.

I find IWB will work for 90% of all riding situations, but the SH is more comfortable on a longer trip.

Biker

I carry my K9 in a SmartCarry on the bike...I ride a cruiser and even on long trips I find it comfortable. I don't think a larger pistol would work as well with that rig on the motorcycle though. IWB works well, too, with the right cover garment...good luck.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

I usally carry a P9 IWB at about 4 o'clock. But when I'm not wearing a cover jacket, it's a P3AT in a pocket holster.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

I carry my Seecamp in the front breast pocket of my Motorcycle Jacket. Its in a pocket holster that also holds the spare mag. This is a zippered pocket that runs verticaly up and down with the main front zipper.

this allows me to take it from there and slip it into my right front pocket if I want to or just leave it there in the jacket.

Although I have no problems in the winter time putting my Jacket over the G27 that I carry in a Pancake at 3 O clock but I need a cover garmet of that when I take the jacket off. So in Summer when I just have a T Shirt on under the jacket I start carrying the Seecamp in the breast pocket.

I carried while riding for the first time yesterday. I used a Mika pocket holster in the inside pocket of my leather vest to store my PT145 MilPro
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

IWB, pocket a revolver or inside my coronado leather vest (vertical shoulder holster position inside the vest). Sometimes I use the vest and pocket at the same time.

If you want quick access, you should think about carrying something you can employ with your safety gear on, i.e., gloves. I envision somebody throwing/dropping their bike, ripping off their glove and reaching for their weapon. That sure could take a long time.

I haven't totally solved that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    IWB, pocket a revolver or inside my coronado leather vest.
    sojourner, how do you like that Coronado vest ? Which one did you get ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links