CC when sitting

This is a discussion on CC when sitting within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a desk job and am sitting most of the day. While its not a suit and tie job, button ups or polos tucked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC when sitting

CC when sitting

I have a desk job and am sitting most of the day. While its not a suit and tie job, button ups or polos tucked in slacks or jeans are the standard. I'd like some input from those of you that carry in situation where you are sitting most all of the time. What firearms and holsters have you found to be both comfortable and easy to keep from printing with tucked in shirts?

I'm leanding toward the Bersa .380cc or a P3at at this time as an initial primary carry. I expect, if I can find a larger caliber that I can comfortably wear and conceal that in a year or two that the first gun will become my BUG, or hopefully my wife's primary...

Input will be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I can and have carried this all day long, including two and a half hour long drives.

I don't take it into the office, but I could wear it all day long in comfort whether sitting or standing.

S&W J frame in Comp-Tac CTAC

j-frame(or other small gun) in an ankle holster for sitting! It,s about the only time i think an ankle holster is good. If you pocket carry you can,t get it out when sitting iwb can be just as hard depending where you carry.

+1 on the J frames. You might also want to take a look at the Kahr website.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I carry a Kahr Arms P9 in a Tucker Gunleather IWB Tuckable holster. I wear it almost eveyday, all day long and don't even feel it. You couldn't ask for a better setup if you ask me.

http://www.tuckergunleather.com
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I appreciate the replies. Those of you that use a IWB holster, what position do you find works the best. I have a hard time imagining, sitting in an office chair, that anything beyond the small of my back would be comfortable... I've thought of an ankle holster, though the idea of a quick draw seems unlikely. Then if I have to have my shirt tucked over the firearm anyway, I suppose quick draw is unlikely in that respect as well.

Senior Moderator
    I sit all day as well and have found that as long as I wear a decent and supporting belt with my rig I will be comfortable throughout the day, even if it's an IWB.

I wear a p239 IWB all day at a computer comfortably so it can be done. It surprised me once I tried it because before I couldn't picture how it would be at all comfortable. Lima is right about a sturdy belt. Pick one that won't twist or fold easily. The key to my comfort has really been how low to position the gun. I wear at about 4:00 and very low with a severe forward cant so that the butt of the gun doesn't hit my ribcage. Believe it or not it's also comfortable driving this way. Trust me you don't forget the gun's there, but it doesn't cause pain.

Oh I do have a P3AT I keep in my pocket as a BUG. Tiny guns, but you have to make sure yours is reliable and get plenty of practice as it tends to jump in your hand if you're not used to it.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    If you're looking to make the gun a BUG, I'd recommend a J-frame. I have a nickled 442, but the 642's popular, too (I think those 2 particular guns might be the most popular SD gun).

Otherwise, a Kahr PM9 would work. Personally, I carry my PM9 in a tuckable IWB holster by UBG holsters. No one's "made" me yet. I've also started doing the same with my Taurus PT145 Mil Pro. It's definitely thicker, but at times it's worked in another of UBG holster (Same model as the 1st, but in two-tone).

Lightweight is important, & slimness where it counts also.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I sit at the desk a lot (goofing off on gun forums ) and carry a J frame in a Galco pocket holster. I need to be tucked in while working. It's quite comfortable as long as the pockets are deep enough. It won't work with my jeans, docker type pants seem to be the best. The downfall is a difficult draw while sitting.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I for one never like it when fashon and defensive armament intersect . Its allways the arms that suffer . IMHO you should never ask what can i carry and dress this way .You should ask how can i dress to cover what i carry .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

RR,

Unfortunately, that is not always an option, my friend. I am in the same boat at work and am currently planning to pick up a Guardian 380 for pocket carry to supplement my XD9SC..

Mojo
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    MOJO you are right that it is " not an option " sometimes , heck i have a kahr pm9 for them times myself . howeaver most of the time the issue comes up , its how do i fit a weapon to the clothes i own , not how can i conceal in my enviroment .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    It is an option to dress around the gun anytime it is acceptable to be dressed. I work in an environment that calls for slacks, shirts, and ties-- with a coat available to put on. But, it isn't normally carried around the office. I have three options. 1- wear a tuckable holster. (I have a CTAC ordered) 2. Wear a belly band. Sew the buttons onto your shirt and then attach velcro to close the shirt. It is easy to get to and is totally hidden. 3. Wear a vest (no- not a tacticool vest but something like this. It may not be fashionable- but it is acceptable and it works.)

If that just isn't possible for some reason, then you can start to make concessions. I manage to carry a fighting handgun every day like this though.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Crossbreed holsters make one that is made to be worn with a shirt tucked in. I had one of their standard IWB and wore it while driving and it takes a lil gettin used to, but then it got comfy. I am waiting on a j frame to get here and plan on using an ankle holster for certain occasions and a crossbreed for the rest of the time.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links