Defensive Carry banner

Another female holster question

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Spirit51 
#1 ·
I didn't want to hijack friesepferd's thread, so I will ask my questions here. My 21 year old daughter will be getting her CCW permit soon, and is not sure how she wants to carry. She looked at the pictures limatunes posted awhile back, but she isn't too sure about IWB carry. Her current gun is a J frame, so we would like to make that work. If we can't, another gun may be needed. I am wondering if a high riding OWB holster with a cover garment would work well. Do any of you ladies (or guys with wives, girlfriends etc.) have any experience with this type of setup?

#2 ·
I have done a lot of work on " gals arms " over the years . With that being said allow me to reccomend a member here Pax is who you want to ask ( or more accurately you want your daughter to ask on the issue . ) she has a site ( www.corneredcat.com ) that is structured to women who carry that might be a great start for yall . Point i want to make is teach the skills ( your self or if not a trusted instructor ) then stand back and let your young lady make her own selection .

#5 ·
#10 ·
Also look into the "Woman's Paddle Holster" from Kramer Leather. It is also specifically designed with the female body shape in mind. I just ordered one for a colleage, and she and I have both been please so far. I wore it for a few days (yes, I wore a "woman's" holster - see Murphy's Rules of Combat: If it's stupid but it works; it isn't stupid) and was pleased. With a 2.5" S&W19, it was very comfortable, doesn't require a belt (important for many female styles), is light, holds securely but is quick to draw, and was generally a nicely done piece of work. The only down side is that it is not as concealable as some holsters, it being a paddle and all.

After my colleague has had a chance to really put it through it's paces, I can offer a more detailed report, if anyone is interested.

#11 ·
Hubby beat me to it.

IWB conceals the best, but if that's not comfortable or not doable then, of course, other options are in order.

You may want to look into a shoulder rig. Lately I've been liking mine. It's comfortable for the most part but there may be some concealment issues.

Look into Galco's shoulder rigs.

#13 ·
The best thing would be to try on a few. Many women are built different....small waist....short waist...these and other factors may make drawing a weapon more difficult. Just like clothes...best way NOT to end up with a bunch you won't use is to try them on before you buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.