Boycott - Page 3

Boycott

This is a discussion on Boycott within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well , let's see........... HK guns are made by the Descendants of NAZIS. Springfield XDs are made by former TERRORISTS. Beretta made Guns for the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Well , let's see...........

HK guns are made by the Descendants of NAZIS.

Springfield XDs are made by former TERRORISTS.

Beretta made Guns for the FASCISTS.

This could be a problem........
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Whoa! Somebody clue me in to what the Ruger dude said! I have 2 Ruger rifles and a Ruger handgun. I didn't know I was aiding and abetting!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

I have 2 Norinco firearms and they have been blocked from selling in the U.S. because they sell to Terrorist. I am not giving them up. As a matter a fact, any one that has Norinco Firearms they don't want because of their selling to Terrorist, I will take them off your hands if you plan to give them a toss. The same goes for any Rugers, Colts, Or S&W. or any other firearm you want to throw away because you don't like the company politics. That goes for Sog Knives as well.

Administrator

Question

My understanding is that Colt made a business decision to fill orders for Military and LEO before selling to the civilian market.
    How does that make Colt anti 2ndA? I'm confused?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

OD*
    My understanding is that Colt made a business decision to fill orders for Military and LEO before selling to the civilian market.
    I was told by Mike Scheidel senior engineer with Colt's Product Engineering, that Colt Defense LLC., is producing 10K+ M4s (and variants) per month.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Administrator
    OD... They are cranking them out.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by prawls View Post
    Ok if I keep the ones I've already got and don't buy anymore??
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    Well , let's see...........

HK guns are made by the Descendants of NAZIS.

Springfield XDs are made by former TERRORISTS.

Beretta made Guns for the FASCISTS.

This could be a problem........
    Congratulations! You are a BIGOT.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Colt does not control who their dealers sell to.

Go to AR15.com and you will quickly find out there are lots of Colt LE dealers who sell to non-police. You can buy from them any non-title II firearm they sell with all the "evil" features you want. That includes Colt LE carbines with 14.7" barrels.

S&W is not the same company today that it was during the KKKlinton years. Anyone who still holds that it is cannot be reasoned with.

Having looked at in detail at S&W products past and present, I cannot see the degradation in quality that so many seem to think exists. Lots of people whine about MIM parts. I wonder how many know anything about their metallurgy or the fact that well made MIM parts are routinely used in many application far more severe than smacking a firing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    do as ya want smith is making some of the best guns in years i will buy from them so i can buy more american taurus doesnt match a smith

no one matchs a old colt wheelie
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher View Post
    Congratulations! You are a BIGOT.
    No. He's telling you the truth that you so conveniently ignore in order to slam American gun companies that have done FAR less egregious things than the foreign ones.

I have no problem with S&W re the ban as it is a new company. However I will not buy anything with a safety hammer lock on it.

Bill is dead. I resisted them for many years but I can forgive a dead man just fine. Seriously considering a Ruger for my next purchase. EAA Bounty hunter has some nice features that the Ruger doesn't and at nearly half the price so poverty may play a factor but there is a strong pull to support and American company.

Colt hasen't made anything that interests me for less than $1000 in years. Wouldn't mind supporting them if they did.

mike

Administrator

Please do not make broad brush inflammatory generalizations about entire countries filled with millions of people and do not direct retaliatory derogatory comments toward other forum members.
    Hopefully we are bigger than that.

Personally, I think this whole discussion is a load of BS since it has done nothing more than show the ignorance of most of the gun buying public who like to support many of these boycotts. IF you want to support the boycott of a company or product, that's your right as an American consumer, but is it too much to ask that we all take the time to learn the FACTS before we bring out the torches and pitchforks!

From reading many of the posts in this thread (a well as posts in other threads) most of the boycott supporters are either misinformed as to the true facts or are listening to old/outdated information. Cases in point...

S&W had PR problems when it was owned by a group of Brits, but it was purchased by American investors a number of years ago and has since turned around. Are the new, American owners, expected to pay for the previous owners political mistakes and for how long? The Ruger boycott came about when Bill Ruger said he supported the 10 rd magazine limit during the Clinton AWB debates in the early 90's. The ban has since come and gone, Mr. Ruger is long dead and the company is putting out good guns at a reasonable price. It's time to get past it and move on!

More recently, there was a situation where the VP of SKYY pistols made a "boo boo" when he tried a bit of free advertising for their CPX-1 at one of the Kel-Tec forums. K-T forums are almost rabid in their support of K-T and he was blind sided by several of the members after he posted there. The VP never bad mouthed K-T or their products and was even complimentary of them, but he dared to compare the new CPX to the P-11 and suggest it may be as good or better. However, his real mistake was he didn't admit up front he was a SKYY employee and it came back to bit him in the butt. The truth is, the VP was just doing a little PR and NEVER said a bad thing about K-T or it's products. I guess when he was attacked by hard core members of the forum, he became defensive and didn't say he was an officer in the SKYY company until someone finally figured it out and called him on it. When he did admit it, both he AND the company president posted on the forum that they were sorry for the entire incident and it wouldn't happen again. That's it, end of story. Now, the whole incident has taken on a life of it's own, especially among K-T owners, and the real story has gotten lost in the smoke and mirrors. Because of this, there are quite a few people I know who won't try a SKYY because of what they THINK they know what SKYY’s VP did on the K-T forum.

Like I said, if you want to boycott someone, you owe it to them AND yourself to know the facts rather than the hearsay. You may not only be hurting the company, but yourself for no good reason.
    Last edited by rachilders; May 26th, 2007 at 02:18 PM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    Personally, I think this whole discussion is a load of BS since it has done nothing more than show the ignorance of most of the gun buying public who like to support many of these boycotts. IF you want to support the boycott of a company or product, that's your right as an American consumer, but is it too much to ask that we all take the time to learn the FACTS before we bring out the torches and pitchforks!

From reading many of the posts in this thread (a well as posts in other threads) most of the boycott supporters are either misinformed as to the true facts or are listening to old/outdated information. Cases in point...

S&W had PR problems when it was owned by a group of Brits, but it was purchased by American investors a number of years ago and has since turned around. Are the new, American owners, expected to pay for the previous owners political mistakes and for how long? The Ruger boycott came about when Bill Ruger said he supported the 10 rd magazine limit during the Clinton AWB debates in the early 90's. The ban has since come and gone, Mr. Ruger is long dead and the company is putting out good guns at a reasonable price. It's time to get past it and move on!

More recently, there was a situation where the VP of SKYY pistols made a "boo boo" when he tried a bit of free advertising for their CPX-1 at one of the Kel-Tec forums. K-T forums are almost rabid in their support of K-T and he was blind sided by several of the members after he posted there. The VP never bad mouthed K-T or their products and was even complimentary of them, but he dared to compare the new CPX to the P-11 and suggest it may be as good or better. However, his real mistake was he didn't admit up front he was a SKYY employee and it came back to bit him in the butt. The truth is, the VP was just doing a little PR and NEVER said a bad thing about K-T or it's products. I guess when he was attacked by hard core members of the forum, he became defensive and didn't say he was an officer in the SKYY company until someone finally figured it out and called him on it. When he did admit it, both he AND the company president posted on the forum that they were sorry for the entire incident and it wouldn't happen again. That's it, end of story. Now, the whole incident has taken on a life of it's own, especially among K-T owners, and the real story has gotten lost in the smoke and mirrors. Because of this, there are quite a few people I know who won't try a SKYY because of what they THINK they know what SKYY’s VP did on the K-T forum.

Like I said, if you want to boycott someone, you owe it to them AND yourself to know the facts rather than the hearsay. You may not only be hurting the company, but yourself for no good reason.
    +1!

And thank you.

Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links